silkie sexing

Hello this is my blue silkie and I'm wondering what gender it is, thanks.

Thanks for this thread!!! We are chicken newbies and have a small flock. One of our silkies is kind of large, has more of a rooster look and recently tried mounting another hen! Besides that he/she exhibits no other rooster traits...like crowing or dominating. In fact she/he is our most tame and sweet chicken! Is he/she a rooster? Pics included and thanks for he help! Age is approx 6 months.

Thanks for this thread!!! We are chicken newbies and have a small flock. One of our silkies is kind of large, has more of a rooster look and recently tried mounting another hen! Besides that he/she exhibits no other rooster traits...like crowing or dominating. In fact she/he is our most tame and sweet chicken! Is he/she a rooster? Pics included and thanks for he help! Age is approx 6 months.

That is definitely a rooster!

X3 Sorry!

I am in the first generation of my sizzle project.
Is this a rooster?
Isn't it's skin a little too light to breed? The father is a beautiful porcelain silkie and mother a grey sizzle.

I am in the first generation of my sizzle project. Is this a rooster? Isn't it's skin a little too light to breed? The father is a beautiful porcelain silkie and mother a grey sizzle.
How old? As far as breeding, I would breed back to a really nice silkie and just keep working towards your goal. It will take time and effort but probably be a lot of fun too ;)

Back
Top Bottom