silkie sexing

From eight hens I have discovered two roosters!! I am now worried the remaining four younger ones (about three months old as a guess) might be roosters too... What do people think?
One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

They all look like pullets to me.

Still looking masculine at 11-12 weeks? He/she really seems to act feminine, never fights with the other cockeral but it might just be submissive behavior?

Last edited:
Hi can anyone tell what my splash silkie is. I think it's a roo but not too sure. Not a great pic but I will try and get another one later. Thanks

I posted my pictures on the other thread, not sure which one is the correct thread. I apologize if I posted on the wrong thread. Anyway, I have 2 silkies, about 2 months old. Can anyone guess the gender? Thank you. :)

I posted my pictures on the other thread, not sure which one is the correct thread. I apologize if I posted on the wrong thread. Anyway, I have 2 silkies, about 2 months old. Can anyone guess the gender? Thank you. :)
Your white looks like a definite pullet. Your dark one still looks like a Pullet but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being a rooster. It's comb looks a little larger and the stance makes me think cockerel-but like I said it still looks like a pullet.

Here are some better pics of my silkie. Pullet or roo? Also can anyone have a go at approximating an age as I have no idea as they were given to me. Previous owners wasn't sure on age.

I got this one in mid April when it was supposedly 2 months old. So it is about four to five months now. I am needing to take all my roosters to a friend today so I am trying to make a determination. I am thinking this one is a rooster based on wattles and comb size and the upright posture. The head looks a little rounded though to me and I am not seeing the streamers that everyone shows on other photos.

I got this one in mid April when it was supposedly 2 months old. So it is about four to five months now. I am needing to take all my roosters to a friend today so I am trying to make a determination. I am thinking this one is a rooster based on wattles and comb size and the upright posture. The head looks a little rounded though to me and I am not seeing the streamers that everyone shows on other photos.
Looks like a Pullet to me

Back
Top Bottom