silkie sexing

Pics
Hi guys,

Picked these three up yesterday from a local school, need help sexing them, they are just about a year old, and a little nervous at the moment so I cant get great pics.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi guys,

Picked these three up yesterday from a local school, need help sexing them, they are just about a year old, and a little nervous at the moment so I cant get great pics.

It's really hard to tell with those pics. Is there any chance you could get an up close shot of each of them?

And actually, you might be able to figure them out yourself if one of them crows or lays an egg.
It's the beauty of having older silkies.

Thanks Silkie, I will try and get better photos. For the last two days I have had one egg, which would suggest 2 boys and a girl but then I have read Silkies aren't prolific layers?? Also no crowing from any of them in fact they are very quiet, but all seem relaxed.

They got a bit worked up yesterday when they met our cat, the cat laid there all calm whilst the chickens made a right old racket at him, very funny to watch.

I'm hoping they are all hens as I want them for eggs so Roos would have to go, the two suspected Roos dont fight which I would expect if it was two roos and a hen??

Hi guys,

it looks like it might be a trio with the one in front in the last pic the roo but its hard to tell with these pics although from what i can see its comb isnt that big either which makes me think that it could be a pullet/hen. can you got a side shot of their heads and a straight on for a comb shot?

Update to my previous post (page 29 of this thread):

Here are Tiny and Peanut at 11 weeks of age. I think they are both boys after all. Could someone confirm my suspicions please, before I re-home them! Thanks.

Tiny:

Peanut:

I posted this a few days ago but I think it got overlooked, could someone please give me their opinion on Tiny? I have the opportunity to send all my suspected boys to a farm next week and I wouldn't want to send Tiny if there's any chance he/she is still a girl! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom