silkie sittin on eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sager:)silkies, Oct 10, 2011.

1. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    I have my female silkie named saltana sittin on eggs but i want to mark them but what should i use i don't want to kill the eggs and when u candle eggs i seen the veins on friday and now it monday night and its kinda black with like a air sac or something is there an actual way to tell or is it jus by experince pllzz help this is my first time

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    sager:)silkies :

I have my female silkie named saltana sittin on eggs but i want to mark them but what should i use i don't want to kill the eggs and when u candle eggs i seen the veins on friday and now it monday night and its kinda black with like a air sac or something is there an actual way to tell or is it jus by experince pllzz help this is my first time

pencils are what most use but I tend to use a fine tip sharpie and put a small X on it..pencil will rub off​

3. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I use pencils myself but I know a lot of folk prefer to use Sharpies and it doesn't harm the eggs in any way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by