Silkie thread!

OK, how can I tell if I got a white or a splash silkie chick? I just got two today in my order from MPC and one is blue but the other not sure. The little chick in question is on the left, sorry about the pic being a little blurry my camera has been acting a little funny lately.

OK, how can I tell if I got a white or a splash silkie chick? I just got two today in my order from MPC and one is blue but the other not sure. The little chick in question is on the left, sorry about the pic being a little blurry my camera has been acting a little funny lately.

hard to say. you're probably going to have to wait a week or so till the wing feathers start coming in and see if any blue feathering comes or if its all white. I have a feeling its splash though, I see a pink tipped toe and I see that alot with splash and blues.

I love your silks they
goodpost.gif
love.gif

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
Do you have silkies?

hard to say. you're probably going to have to wait a week or so till the wing feathers start coming in and see if any blue feathering comes or if its all white. I have a feeling its splash though, I see a pink tipped toe and I see that alot with splash and blues.

I'm leaning toward splash also, but I could be white. Flash cameras really effect coloring.

Thanks! I did take the pic with the flash off, otherwise my camera seems to make everything glow. She does have a white toe on each foot. I can't wait to see how she feathers out
big_smile.png
And I have to say she is the fiestiest of the bunch! She has not stopped eating and zooming all over the brooder since we put them in there.

so just walked into my coop to get the eggs and then take pics. my roo silkierasberry was with the hens outside I wasn't in the coop 30 secs and my roo nailed me in the back of my leg and now my jeans are all mud.

this is Jette

here is Ebony... she came out of the coop today and i snap a picture for proof

my other two didnt survive this winter.. i hope i can get some white silkies somewhere to put in with my blacks :) they are my fav birds in my whole coop... they are doing so much better gained weight.. i just wished the other two survived with them.

this is Jette

here is Ebony... she came out of the coop today and i snap a picture for proof

my other two didnt survive this winter.. i hope i can get some white silkies somewhere to put in with my blacks :) they are my fav birds in my whole coop... they are doing so much better gained weight.. i just wished the other two survived with them.

Silkies are the best!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom