Silkie thread!

And then there's this little one. I think I asked this question before but what color might this chick be? It's got the chipmunk stripes and all but it's not your typical partridge color? It also has a grey ring around it's neck, mostly "back of the head" so to say. And the wings are coming out this color. Originally it was yellow with the black chipmunk pattern, now it's turning white.
Sanna, I want that little chick! I absolutely love it!

That is the weirdest thing...it happens in the new breed the tetra white too, the dingy white. I would have thought a cruddy splash when she was younger but she's still kinda white..

I talked to the breeder and she says her other chicks just kept getting more and more like the parents with age. More splashes of grey kept getting darker and darker. Not sure what will have with Einstein, we love it either way!

Thank you peepblessed...they are cute and a great deal of fun. It's interesting hwo they change color and yes the last one is fun to watch as he is the menace of the three.
So cute!! Love those big dark eyes! Thank last one is an odd color. Looks like a fun one to watch.
smile.png

My silkie chicks...4 weeks tomorrow :) I have one I'm unsure of the color, thinking blue partridge, but I'm not sure. This is a tiny bird, came from an itty bitty egg I never thought would make it to maturity and at the end had to help hatch. What color do you think 'she' is?

This is my paint, same hatch date. I'm thinking its a boy :)

My silkie chicks...4 weeks tomorrow :) I have one I'm unsure of the color, thinking blue partridge, but I'm not sure. This is a tiny bird, came from an itty bitty egg I never thought would make it to maturity and at the end had to help hatch. What color do you think 'she' is?

This is my paint, same hatch date. I'm thinking its a boy :)

I had a chick similar to yours and it turned out to be a very red buff with lots of black. Here's is a photo of him at four months.

Your mystery chick is silver partridge/grey. Splash are born white or off white and develope their spots over days or weeks. Cute pictures!!
So if splash are born white or off white, these are not splash?
When I first posted pictures of these guys, they were said to be splash or blue. So this is them at just a couple of days old.

And this is one of them today at three weeks old at the most. I lost track of who came first because they all look the same. lol

Could they be blue?

Sanna, I want that little chick! I absolutely love it!

Thanks guys!
That chick is my favorite. That's the one that dissapeared on us at 3 days old and I found it in with the turkey females next door.
ep.gif
The turkeys were thrilled to have a baby and were very upset with me when I took the chick away from them. lol I'm just hoping little Stripey is a hen because we would really like to keep it.

Greetings...It's funny how I decided to wish farewell to my rooster and just concentrate on my hens and chicks for the time being...but after seeing so many pictures of cute chicks, I'm second guessing myself...If only I had a big ranch.
Here are my other chicks, that originally were very photogenic then became shy and now once again are starting to come around. If only they were all girls...they are 3months today.

And my two baby pheasants...I'm adding their picture here because they are being raised by the best silkie hen. She incubated the eggs and has been taking care of them from day one.

So if splash are born white or off white, these are not splash?
When I first posted pictures of these guys, they were said to be splash or blue. So this is them at just a couple of days old.

And this is one of them today at three weeks old at the most. I lost track of who came first because they all look the same. lol

Could they be blue?

Thanks guys!
That chick is my favorite. That's the one that dissapeared on us at 3 days old and I found it in with the turkey females next door.
ep.gif
The turkeys were thrilled to have a baby and were very upset with me when I took the chick away from them. lol I'm just hoping little Stripey is a hen because we would really like to keep it.
The chicks in your first photo look blue. In the three week photo the chick looks possibly splash. What color are the wing feathers. If it is splash many of them should be white.

Back
Top Bottom