Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Tough judge! Even though the standard calls for a medium crest it's my understanding that some judges only want a huge crest. Your girl has great type! I think whites have the toughest competition. Hopefully the judge gave you some pointers and didn't just say he's no good. You must have had your hopes way up after the last show. That is so hard... [​IMG]

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Well, you could send her to me!!! She is gorgeous!!

:)

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

I love Parti Boy! But, does he even have any eyes? OMG! He's so fluffy!

4. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Thanks. Thanks everyone. I have thought I should probably put her up for auction, as she is nice and someone
    who loves splash as much as I do white might want her. Problem is she is too sweet! She's my favorite as far as
    personality so to speak. A cuddler and talker too...sigh.

5. GoldBarRanch

GoldBarRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    I sent yo a PM

6. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks!! All I remember the judge saying was that the white silkies were just average especially compared to the blue pullet, when we showed him which white silkies are ours.He said something about them being bad, but I can't remember since its been a looong day. He didn't even explain to me why the white ones are bad, that's why I posted on here to see if there was anything wrong with him [​IMG].

Thanks! I just hope my next show isn't as bad as this one was.

7. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I know it's got to be hard to do but I think it's really important to ask the judge for details, then if you don't agree with him you make sure you don't show under that judge again.

8. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Well, before you sell your Splash, take a look at my baby girl here on the right! She was sired by a dark blue w/gold leakage, and out of a Blue Splash (I say blue splash, NOT partridge splash) hen. He was the only roo in the pen, and I watched my Splash girl lay the egg and marked it immediatly! Now the roo was born with the typical Partridge markings (chipmunk stripes), but then turned dark blue with the autosomal red leakage. I don't know how it all adds up genetically speaking, but this is what I got!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  9. Lady Chickadee

Lady Chickadee Rocky Top Silkies

Apr 1, 2011
    Central Kentucky
    Okay, thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the next show I go to.

10. GoldBarRanch

GoldBarRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    just beautiful ,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by