Silkie thread!

I should say, obviously my main thing is white BUT I think I am going to have to build another pen for partridge
as I really like them too. I have two lovely young pullets from Bobbi Porto. Also, I wish I had room for more because
I LOVE this splash pullet but what am I going to do with her??!!

I mean, is there any other way? Do breeders with all the colors have that many pens?
I was wondering if I could keep my white and partridge together somehow? I guess I will just separate
the pen - divide it - and just build another coop.

I showed some silkies today (in the junior show) and my blue pullet didn't do as well as she did at the last show(this was my second time showing). She didn't get anything at this show but got best of breed at the last show. I understand that judges are different and some like things better than others.The judge said that I might have over cleaned her but at the last show she got best of breed and I bathed her 3 times, this show she was bathed 2 times(any bathing tips)? Also he said that her crest isn't big enough(pictures below of her crest) and she didn't have enough feathers on her feet(which I agree with). Anyways the judge said that the white silkie cockerels I showed were just average and weren't any good.I was thinking maybe I just didn't clean them good enough and they weren't white enough?? I'm selling one of the white cockerels because I have to many cockerels. I was just wondering if this cockerel is any good(In my opinion hes one of the best silkies I have)?He did get reserve variety out of three birds, one of the birds was my other silkie cockerel(who didn't get anything).The one that got best variety was a white silkie hen(not mine).
Sorry I don't have any good pictures of him when he was all clean, besides the picture of him at the show.

Him at the show:
LL

His feet(not the best picture, he wouldn't stop moving):
LL

Other pictures of him from a while back ago:
900x900px-LL-a6e4b6c6_DSC_1422.jpeg

900x900px-LL-cdd2a10f_DSC_1424.jpeg

900x900px-LL-74c1ec13_DSC_1540.jpeg

Pictures of the blue hen from a while back ago:

900x900px-LL-f879feb6_DSC_1362.jpeg

900x900px-LL-db4817a6_Bluehen.jpeg

900x900px-LL-39625708_DSC_1520.jpeg

I should say, obviously my main thing is white BUT I think I am going to have to build another pen for partridge
as I really like them too. I have two lovely young pullets from Bobbi Porto. Also, I wish I had room for more because
I LOVE this splash pullet but what am I going to do with her??!!

I mean, is there any other way? Do breeders with all the colors have that many pens?
I was wondering if I could keep my white and partridge together somehow? I guess I will just separate
the pen - divide it - and just build another coop.
Beautiful girl! You need more pens!! Don't we all!!

not at all...
hit.gif
i had to put mine down in the big house and i am sooo sad... i miss them soo much, i miss the sound of them, and talking to them, playing with them, and seeing them all through out the day...... i only have the 2 banties and 2 silkie babies now.... just until the next hatch and the babies that will arrive between the 28-30... then the next hatch will be june 7th,,
hugs.gif
i know what you are feeling.... hope this hug helps....
love.gif
I was feeling the empty nest feeling as well, So I went out and crawled into the nersury and sat right in the middle of all the babies. Ive been doing this every day since they went outside and now when I get in there with them they just crawl all over me like im not even there and i pat them as they walk by. now when i touch them they dont run away
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom