Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. GoldBarRanch

GoldBarRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    Did you say you do have one of the blue painted , Just like in this picture picture ?those look different or I just cant ell from this picture thats some are the same color or not. Im only interested in this color right now
    [​IMG]

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    OMGoodness!! They are so cute!

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm having such a hard time not squeezing them! :D

4. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

My up and coming silkie flock is growing up so fast! These guys were hatched out from the end of Feb to mid March. Still unsure of boys/girls and a few colors. If anyone has any ideas of either please let me know! I tried to get pics of everyone but they just didn't want to cooperate. And the rain that we have been having has been making their pen a terrible mess. I can't wait to get the sand in!

This is my mystery chick T'Pol from Ideal, they say its a self blue [​IMG] what do you all think? Porcelain? Blue Partridge? I am really hoping that this one is a hen [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This little one I hatched out myself from a fellow BYCer's eggs. This one hatched out partridge, but now is black/blue with gold on the wings. It is also a frizzle! I am really thinking that this one is a boy, the comb has really grown over the past few days.
    [​IMG]

This is my only beardless one Uhura, she came from MPC. She is so tiny and cute compared to the rest. She has such a sweet personality.
    [​IMG]

This one is the hatchmate of the BYC eggs. This one also started out partridge but now is blue! I love the head poof, it completly circle around her head, really hope it is a her [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is T'Pol next to my grey silkie B'Elanna, she makes me think of a little owl.
    [​IMG]

5. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

T'Pol looks more like a porcelain ??? You got her form Ideal hatchery? thats awesome! lol I think it looks very Girly.

6. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree. Looks porcelain girly to me also! How fun! Love the little blue "girl" on the ramp. :D

7. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I can imagine!!

9. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Well, I have my very first, broody hatched chick!! There are 4 girls all hatching together, hmmm Silkies! Not sure who the mom is of this chick, they all take care of it! It is running them all crazy, and spends a lot of time in the run, hanging with his daddy! When it gets cold, it stands in between the legs of the roo! This is a new experience for me, I've never had the chance to watch chickens raise their own, and now, I CAN!!! Three others hatched today, and there is no telling how many more. These gals are sitting tight, and belive me, they are attack dogs when it comes to their eggs and the little prizes! I won't be putting my face down to look more closely at a chick,,,that's all I'm gonna say! [​IMG]

The Splash girl here is "Splish". Not sure if she is mom or auntie, it doesn't seem to matter! Gosh, they look sooooo tiny outside!

[​IMG]

10. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York

Oh thank you so much! I was reading about the R-Com 20 Pro and thought it was fantastic until I saw the price. The Octagon Eco 20 is a much more reasonable way for us to see if we have success and will enjoy hatching. Plus....I love discounts and coupons! :) The savings will help pay for a batch of eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by