Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. TheIvoryKitty

TheIvoryKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Central California
    Right? I love it. Crazy little meanie. Lol.

2. SilverSilkie

SilverSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Indeed, the Splash Partridges duocolors are my favorites because I like more the contrast in coloration which are too subtile with the lavender-dilution on Silkies-feathers.

3. littlecritters

littlecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    New York
    The R-Com 20 Pro controls humidity, temp and turning automatically within one self contained unit. It also allows for manual settings. Price is around $675. I haven't found any posts with comments on the headroom. I'm trying to get up to speed quickly and learn as much as possible about hatching. I have read the section here on BYC about incubation/hatching. Are there any other resources you all would suggest? And...is it necessary for us to have a second incubator for the hatching?

4. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Yes, this is a familiar sight for me. Not being locked from their nest box but going after their chicks. lol

5. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are pictures of my porcelain chicks that are now 10 weeks. The top one I know is a male because of comb development. I suspect the other is a female. :D Very convenient for me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. farmgirljd09

farmgirljd09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    Willow Creek Farms
    just have to show off my white silkie baby, Angel.... I will put up a pic of Sassy too- she is my black silkie who may be turning more blue, we will see.... TY sis, she is so precious![​IMG][​IMG]

7. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Precious and beautiful!!

8. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Whoa! There is going to be a showdown - scary sight!

9. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

10. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by