Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG]

2. Sk8inChick(en)

Sk8inChick(en) Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    The Show-Me State

That makes a lot of sense. Would it be okay, though if the Silkies were kept separate until they were old enough to tell hen from roo? I wouldn't be keeping any roos, since I can't have them anyway.

So, would the fighting still be a problem among hens? Provided the Silkies were separated until I knew they were hens?

Thank you so much!

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGosh!! Your sizzle baby is soooo cute!! It just made me chuckle. Your silkie babies are very nice too! That is an interesting color. I would guess blue partridge only I don't see any barring or pencilling. I'll be interested to hear what everyone thinks!

4. peepblessed

Many people keep large fowl and silkie together successfully. I had hatchery silkies with my EE's with roos in both groups, but as previously mentioned, the silkies with vaulted skulls are definitely at risk.

5. peepblessed

I looked a little closer and I do believe you have partridge markings, so I would say you likely have a blue partridge. :)

6. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA

7. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA

8. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA

9. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA

10. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I have a have a roo that i have no idea his coloring. LOL i crossed a WHITE frizzled cochin with a BLACK silkie and you should see the 3 chicks i hatched out. None of the three are solid white or black. LOL[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by