Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. SilverSilkie

SilverSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

To say it with Sigrid's words, the ingredients for a color genetic-code is as a recipe for making soup, and since you use for descibe yourself the word girl, girls can make the best soups ;-) so, girls can make color genetic-code ingredients to build a colorations. This is logic so this is simple, right ?

2. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

3. SilverSilkie

SilverSilkie Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, than we are on the right pathway ;-)

4. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Thank you! I will definitely contact them. [​IMG]

I might think about ordering some eggs in the future. Right now I want hens, we have two roosters and the space they're in, I think they're all getting along great and wouldn't want to push my luck. lol Then again, once our Rhode Island Reds and the White Wyandotte girls grow up enough to be able to go out with the full grown chickens, that'd free up a pen. [​IMG] I might have to hog that one! lol
    The farm owners are going to want to kill me and my chickens soon!! [​IMG]

5. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I also live in CA but get drastic weather changes here in the mountains which may cause protective feather growth. :)

6. peepblessed

Is the genetic code for Isabelle the same as porcelain? I wish they would come up with the correct name for our lav/buff project.

7. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    I thought this was too funny not to share. lol Love those poofy silkie butts! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lil mama

lil mama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    OR
    ....[​IMG]

9. peepblessed

Not many animals that you can really enjoy the rear view on but silkies have to top the list! [​IMG]

10. lil mama

lil mama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2012
    OR
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by