Silkie thread!

yuckyuck.gif

Is the genetic code for Isabelle the same as porcelain? I wish they would come up with the correct name for our lav/buff project.
This is what is "Porcelain"

This is a phenotype called "Isabel Porcelain"

This is phenotype called "Blue Porcelain"

This is a phenotype of "Splash Porcelain"

All of them have the Millefleur pattern (eb/eb s+/- Co/Co mo/mo)
The second have additional lavender (lav/lav)
The third have additional Blue single doses (Bl/bl+)
The fourth have additional Blue double doses (Bl/Bl)

You understand that the US used name "Porcelain" is genetically not correct.

PS the photos come from kippenencyclopedie.nl

Last edited:
This is what is "Porcelain"

This is a phenotype called "Isabel Porcelain"

This is phenotype called "Blue Porcelain"

This is a phenotype of "Splash Porcelain"

All of them have the Millefleur pattern (eb/eb s+/- Co/Co mo/mo)
The second have additional lavender (lav/lav)
The third have additional Blue single doses (Bl/bl+)
The fourth have additional Blue double doses (Bl/Bl)

You understand that the US used name "Porcelain" is genetically not correct.

PS the photos come from kippenencyclopedie.nl
Oh thanks! No wonder there is so much controversy. I can see they are going for the Isabel look but they're going to have to come up with a new name! ;-)

Hi there!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I just had a question that I thought maybe some of you Silky people could answer for me.

I'm considering adding Silkies to my small flock sometime in the future. I just wondered, does anyone have experience with keeping Silkies and Brahmas in the same coop?

I probably won't be adding them very soon, but I just wanted to some your opinions on the subject

Thank you so much!!

PS: Please tell me if this is posted in the wrong place. Thanks!

Hi there!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I just had a question that I thought maybe some of you Silky people could answer for me.

I'm considering adding Silkies to my small flock sometime in the future. I just wondered, does anyone have experience with keeping Silkies and Brahmas in the same coop?

I probably won't be adding them very soon, but I just wanted to some your opinions on the subject

Thank you so much!!

PS: Please tell me if this is posted in the wrong place. Thanks!
You're in the right place! Personally, I don't keep my Silkies with my larger breed. Mainly because of the size difference, and a large fowl roo could literally crush one of my Silkie hens, that and the fact my Silkie girls have vaulted skulls, and the big boys love to peck the combs and heads of the big girls. This could kill or brain damage a Silkie. Secondly, I don't want my Silkie roos breeding my Marans hens! Just because they are smaller, doesn't mean they can't find a way to do the deed! They also like to fence fight with my Marans roos, so being 3 times their size, I just don't want to chance any of them getting hurt. I know others let their's run together, I just don't.

Hi, I haven't posted in a while and I wanted to share some baby pics and the mystery chick.

Blue baby

Two blues and a white

Sizzle baby. I didn't think that my Blue Sizzle hen was old enough to lay. So, She as residing in the White pen with a White Silkie Roo and a White ShowGirl Roo!!! I have ended up with some SG Sizzles also. Who knew?

She has a fantastic crest. I really like her. But I can't figure out her color. Maybe a genetics guru can help me?

By the way, I NEVER get to post here because i;m ALWAYS 20 pages behind.
lau.gif
Keep it up I love to read about the genetic make up of Silkie colors.

Back
Top Bottom