Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. annabell254

annabell254 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2012
    south Ga
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] alien mini-peacocks!!![​IMG]

2. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL

3. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    AWWW, poor little chickie! I have no idea about that, have not enough chicken experience to know, but soory for your baby. i thought they were born with that, I didn't know it could develop...[​IMG]

4. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    Oh no... I haven't encountered that yet. Hope to hear from those with more experience. Sorry KMH. [​IMG]

5. scamperwillow

scamperwillow Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2012
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have these two beautiful white silkie cockerels from show quality lines - 5 months old and very sweet. Can someone take them? I'm in Sebastopol. wish I could post a pic, but email me at [email protected] and I will send you some.

You can actually see them in my profile pic - they are inseparable - sleep cuddled up at night. They really need a happy home!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  6. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop

7. Silkie Chicken

Silkie Chicken King Silkie

Feb 22, 2012
    are these silkie's and polish bearded or not and do they look ok a guy said they don't look the same as his mine are 4 weeks
    [​IMG]

8. Adoravachick

Adoravachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Near Cobleskill, NY
    I have caught the silkie bug. I currently have 3, 2 partridge and 1 blue. I have fallen so in love with these little darlings that I am hatching some eggs from Golden Egg Farm. I have a fondness for the white ones. I lost 2 whites recently to some kind of predator. I was thinking that I would raise whatever I am able to hatch and maybe keep 4 or 5, but now I am thinking that I will keep them all. If I wanted to start a breeding program (my daughter wants to show them), what is the best color for roosters if I want to raise white, black, and blue?
    Also, does anyone know where I'd be able to find a breeding chart showing what color parents will produce certain colored chicks?

9. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

10. Silkie Chicken

Silkie Chicken King Silkie

Feb 22, 2012
    yes i know you can look on the i have to talk polish thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by