Silkie thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by americana-chick, Feb 16, 2010.

1. TheChicknGarden

TheChicknGarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    san antonio, texas

How often do you treat? Have alot of wild birds around last thing i need or want is for them to transfer bugs to my girls...

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I don't treat the wild birds, but if I had an issue with them passng pests to my birds, I would consider it.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    im looking for partridge eggs or chicks. if anyone has any can you please pm with prices (please include shipping) thank you

4. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Thanks, is that is a bottle or ?

5. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

There are a couple different kinds. The kind I was thinking/talking about is the pour on. It is back in the cattle or horse section. It comes in a fairly large jug, so it's going to last forever for chickens. I do believe you can use the horse paste, too-- but I've never done that. Although, I buy the horse paste every 3 months for my horses, never used it on chickens. But the paste might be the cheaper option if you didn't want to buy a lot, but you'd have to get it down their beaks and get a drop or two down them.

OH-- the paste comes in a tube that squeezes out like a syringe. The jug is a liquid that you would use a syringe for to put on their backs or give a drop down their beak.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Cinder the Showgirl (which up til Cinder I disliked SGs....BUT now am re-addicted to a chicken breed - UGH - LOL )
    [​IMG]

My fave dude in the world - Sherbert
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. TheChicknGarden

TheChicknGarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    san antonio, texas

I love your show girl! I cant wait to see my little ones and how they turn out... Hope they look as pretty as cinder

8. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    They are too cute!

9. JoshU

JoshU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Ada, Ohio
    My youngsters and a red pullet(I think)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    One of the whites, which were ebay eggs, only had a total of 6 toes. Not for breeding for sure. I am getting some white chicks next month. The blues are from my "black silkie pair". They really look charcoal gray in the sun though. So I am not sure what to call them. I really love silkies show type or not. They all have such personality and beauty. This all started because I had a red pullet that was the sweetest bird I have ever seen. She was getting pecked horribly so I had to find her some friends. Got Fred and Wilma from a bird hoarder add on craigslist. They were great together until Ethyl the sweetheart passed early this year. Now I am addicted to there personalities. I see no end in site to my silkie math at Circle U Farm.

10. JoshU

JoshU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Ada, Ohio
    Different angle[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by