Silkie thread!

Just wanted to share some pics
smile.png

Picture103.jpg

My cuckoo roo (Him & the roo in the next pen like to test each other note the peck marks on his comb)
Picture089.jpg

Blk hen my cuckoo is with.
Picture091.jpg

My blue girl broody sitting on 5 eggs on day 12.
Picture095.jpg

My other roo still up in the air on his color.
Picture097.jpg

My white girl she is not very happy with me we did bed changes and crest clippings today..LOL
Picture096modified.jpg

My showgirl roo (Normally has awesome feathered feet but he is gangly now due to all the RAIN)
Picture098modified.jpg

My little ones running around.
Picture100.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Hello! I'm looking for excellent quality hatching eggs of some of the more rare colors/varieties. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you !! I really had a GREAT day . ~~~ Tammy

Teresaan24 you take very good care of them they seem happy in the photos -- My show girl Roo doesn't have the best feathering on his feet right now either because of all the funky weather
sad.png
. I'm glad the sun finally made a appearance today
clap.gif
maybe my outside pens will get dried out some . I still need to the garden planted also !! ~~~~ Tammy

Polish Princess, I use rabbit water bottles in my coops. Bottles are filled and hung on the outside of the coop, only the feed tube extends into the pen. They do very well with them. They leak a little bit but not badly, and that's more than worth it to keep water fresh and clean.

Last edited:
Quote:
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you that you attended and did so well to boot! Was this your first show? Do you have plans to enter for any shows coming up?

I hope to start showing within the next year but I don't know when that will happen exactly. Just going with the flow for now
smile.png

I need a good idea of when the next shows will be that are within driving distance for me. Maybe, maybe in the fall I'll have 3-4 I'd feel ok entering. We'll see, all very exciting stuff!

Quote:
That's it! I'm coming to visit! Getting in the car right now!! See you in.... hmmm 4 days haha!
tongue.png
Too much cuteness at your house! Loving all the pics everyone is posting lately!
Once I'm up for lifting I'm going to get some shots of my whites before they get too yellow and dirty! No excuse to not get them photographed and banded since there is only 5 of them! Gotta cut nails and beaks too. My white roo is gonna really hate that I'm sure!

I thought I would share some of my babies- we're so in love with the breed! Here is Thor, my white roo. He takes such good care of the younger poofballs, he is very attentive and always on patrol. Here he is with four of "his" flock, free ranging in the back yard.

251366_10150196654499795_513679794_6958731_1451592_n.jpg

And being mauled by my four year old- he is so wonderfully tolerant. He's sweet, docile, and I can turn my back to him with no worries. The only time he'll get irritable if if I'm catching one of his ladies and she makes a fuss. Then he stands there and pecks my leg. He isn't terribly threatening! LOL. I hope to show him in the fall, it will be my first time. Thor and his brother, Loki, were gifts from a local breeder, and I just love them.

253606_10150196654744795_513679794_6958737_2051953_n.jpg

Quote:
Last time I checked Bobbi Porto had an auction up on bidbird.com for assorted color hatching eggs. She has great quality birds IMO. I see Kelar having egg auctions lately here on BYC as well definitely recommend her birds! If three cedars is still selling I think her blue/splashes are top notch
big_smile.png
Lavenders and procelains are harder to find for eggs in my experience but every once in awhile I'll see a split auction here on BYC or even more rarely I'll see lav auctions here on BYC and on bidbird.com

Hope that gets you started in the right direction!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom