Silkie thread!

No, the two flocks take turns. Thor and Loki lived together before I got them, and they lived together for their quarantine period, but I think it would be ugly if they met up now.

Colie <3 :

Quote:
I use rabbit water bottles too! i have the big 64oz ones that are awesome except they leak. I also got some that are top fill style but in the description they didn't indicate they were another style besides the tube with the ball one. Now I've got like 8 of them for my breeding pens and brooders and i don't think i can even use them because they aren't a ball but rather a spring loaded deal.

This kind below, anyone used these?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJJK5E

I had those for rabbits and they worked great, but not sure a chicken could make the water come out, it has a small metal rod they have to push in.
hu.gif

Quote:
I use rabbit water bottles too! i have the big 64oz ones that are awesome except they leak. I also got some that are top fill style but in the description they didn't indicate they were another style besides the tube with the ball one. Now I've got like 8 of them for my breeding pens and brooders and i don't think i can even use them because they aren't a ball but rather a spring loaded deal.

This kind below, anyone used these?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJJK5E

I had those for rabbits and they worked great, but not sure a chicken could make the water come out, it has a small metal rod they have to push in.
hu.gif

Yep exactly that style. The little rod is so tiny it would be hard to peck onto properly to get water to come out. Major bummer since the top fill part look amazing! I'm trying to think of where to find the spout part seperately so I can reuse the bottle/flip top part.

Colie <3 :

Quote:
Yaaayyyy!! What are you expecting?

It's the ones we talked about and I have 26 due to hatch. I know I must quarantine.....ant tips for receiving shipped birds would be appreciated
smile.png
0​

Colie <3 :

Quote:
hu.gif

Yep exactly that style. The little rod is so tiny it would be hard to peck onto properly to get water to come out. Major bummer since the top fill part look amazing! I'm trying to think of where to find the spout part seperately so I can reuse the bottle/flip top part.​

I see them separately all the time, shouldnt be a prob. good luck!

Quote:
Yaaayyyy!! What are you expecting?

It's the ones we talked about and I have 26 due to hatch. I know I must quarantine.....ant tips for receiving shipped birds would be appreciated
smile.png

I don't quarantine chicks hatched from eggs any more than to just keep them separate until they are old enough to integrate into the bigger silkies. Is that what you're asking?
Shipped in birds that are chicks on up I quarantine in a separate coop across my yard from the other birds. Further away would be better but my yard is only so big lol
I always take care of my original birds before I go take care of the new birds, then I go inside and wash my hands. I keep an eye on them for about 2-3 weeks for any symptoms or weird behavior but a lot of people recommend longer.

Quote:
Yes, they do and can. I had two cockeral that grew up together from day one. One day, one decided to challenge the other. Neither would back down and it resulted in bloody combs and eyes. I separated them and rehomed one the next day. I can't stand when they fight like that and, at the time, I had no other place for the second boy.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom