Silkie thread!

Quote:
Absolutely.
th.gif
My boy is TOUGH as nails. He'll protect his girls from anything. He is watchful of even the slightest threat-including myself. I love him just the same and I treat him too good. He has a HUGE crest and full beard but that doesn't stop him from letting everyone know that he thinks he runs the show. But I never leave without reminding him of his place.

I actually think that Silkie boys can do more damage than alot of othere breeds because they don't exactly 'land on their feet' and have so much mass to them. They have a good grip too. But I treasure this boy and after the predator issues we've had in our layer flock this year, I'm happy to have his watchful eye.

Intruders beware.

001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Absolutely.
th.gif
My boy is TOUGH as nails. He'll protect his girls from anything. He is watchful of even the slightest threat-including myself. I love him just the same and I treat him too good. He has a HUGE crest and full beard but that doesn't stop him from letting everyone know that he thinks he runs the show. But I never leave without reminding him of his place.

I actually think that Silkie boys can do more damage than alot of othere breeds because they don't exactly 'land on their feet' and have so much mass to them. They have a good grip too. But I treasure this boy and after the predator issues we've had in our layer flock this year, I'm happy to have his watchful eye.

Intruders beware.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/MypattyPPom/001-1.jpg

thats my lil splash the lil devil

Quote:
Absolutely.
th.gif

Intruders beware.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/MypattyPPom/001-1.jpg

Love the picture on the sign!
lol.png

lol good to know, guess i was just thinking they were all nothing but fluff and cuddles.. maybe i could let a silkie roo out in the pen with others, and not worry about him just being picked on by other hens and chicks to much.

Yesterday Central Maine Bird Fanciers Club held a show in Windsor Maine. This was a APA-ABA show. I am proud to say that my Blue Hen took; Best Of Breed, Best Varity, and Reserve Featherleg!
wee.gif
Out of 31 Silkies that were entered at the show. I also got 1st place 6 times, BV's and Rv's!
71885_dsc00027.jpg

With my Buff showgirl hen a BB and my partridge a RB!
celebrate.gif

71885_buffsg.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom