Silkie thread!

Those are cure chicks! I wish I could have some some success as getting some chicks from my silkie hens. I am cheating this hear and getting about 10 bearded buff silkie chicks. I tried to bid on some silkies at a poultry auction last weekend and was out bid.

Those auction Silkies must've been nice quality to have a bidding war on them.

O here is a better pic of them they are all splash I am getting three more either tomarrow or Wednesday

Middle one actually looks like a Gray/Silver Partridge, not Splash...

These are the three babys that have hatched still have one egg left.from my pair of black silkies how is the third one blue /silver. Both parents are solid black here they are.

One of your pair is most likely a very, very dark blue instead of an actual black... I would guess the hen by what I can see...

I had one similar, was sure she was black but was really dark blue...

One of your pair is most likely a very, very dark blue instead of an actual black... I would guess the hen by what I can see...

I thought that my self but I don't know I will have to see u can see the different darker spots and the lighter spots in them so I will have to see when they get a little older plus I like silver partridge so I think I might go and start breeding some different colors also

Last edited:

Agreed, the top chick looks more like a blue. Many people mistake blacks for blues. The best way to determine black or blue , is to look at the base of the feather near the skin, blues are much lighter in colour there. :)

They were not to bad looking, the ones I did end up with are supposed to be show birds and are white bearded ones. They are pretty nice.

here is a preview before my good up close photo shoot. Most seem to be partridge? Thought that was odd as the hen that did most of the laying was white as a chick and is painted now. I have 2 Roos, a white and black. What do you think of the colors? Too early to tell? Two of them are definitely black/grey

Anyway about half I can tell already will have impressive crests. All my silkies seem to have nice beards.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom