Silkie thread!

Here is that Rooster I didn't get pics of I thought for sure he was a splash but in the pics I don't know if you can see the white spots inbetween that black feathering so that's why I thought he was splash but anyways what color do you think he is thanks.

I think that's why she wanted a few roosters. Not just one. Thanks though. :)

Yes but if you were to get a few roosters they might have to be raised together to be calm with each other. And if you don't have any hens with roosters they run off to find lady's to be with I didn't have any hens with my roosters and they ran off to the neighbors who had chickens and I had to go get him 3-4 times because he kept escaping to go there and as soon as he would get out he would run right through the hard through the woods to there place.

Ok thank you. My grandmother really lobes the roosters and wanted one without a hen because she doesn't want chicks. I didn't think it was a good idea to have it alone so I told her I would look into 2 roosters and see if that was possible. Thanks for the help. :)

I think that's why she wanted a few roosters. Not just one. Thanks though. :)

She could absolutely have a bachelor pen... a few boys raised together without any hens close usually get along just fine together... I've had many bachelor pens of different breeds... once in a while you might get a bully, so if she watches for that and rehomes or culls any troublemakers she should do well... :)

Here is that Rooster I didn't get pics of I thought for sure he was a splash but in the pics I don't know if you can see the white spots inbetween that black feathering so that's why I thought he was splash but anyways what color do you think he is thanks.

That's a gray/silver partridge... not splash...

She could absolutely have a bachelor pen... a few boys raised together without any hens close usually get along just fine together... I've had many bachelor pens of different breeds... once in a while you might get a bully, so if she watches for that and rehomes or culls any troublemakers she should do well... :)

Yes as long as they are in a pen they would be fine because if any neighbors have hens they would go to the neighbors.

Ok thanks that's what everyone has been telling me. I'm actually happy to hear this myself too. I'll be happy to have a bachelor pen for my roos from this hatch. Gives me time to find them good homes. :) thanks again!! :)

Back
Top Bottom