Silkie thread!

I would say partridge for sure. Here is one of my partridge babies and here is what the same chick grew up to look like. Often the reddish colors come in gradually.as they get adults feathers. Partridge usually have chipmunk stripes and black eye liner as babies

Not a good idea IMO.  One hen will get worn out being mated by the one roo.  He would need a minimum of 2 hens and best 3 hens.  I counted my Silkie roo mounting his sister 12x in an hour and that was only when I caught him at it.  That's when it was time to not keep one hen with one roo.

I had one hen with my roo and he didn't really mount her that often but he had another hen but he didn't mount her because she wasn't ready to lay yet and I haven't seen him over mount the hen that was mature.

I had one hen with my roo and he didn't really mount her that often but he had another hen but he didn't mount her because she wasn't ready to lay yet and I haven't seen him over mount the hen that was mature.

Roo to hen ratio depends on the temperament of the birds , I have some Roos in with several hens and others one on one. Some Roos will have a favourite hen and show her more attention , regardless of how many others he has. ;)

One experience with one rooster is not the norm. If you ask most breeders you need at LEAST 2 hens and 3 ideally for one roo just in case he is particularly frisky.

One experience with one rooster is not the norm. If you ask most breeders you need at LEAST 2 hens and 3 ideally for one roo just in case he is particularly frisky.

Roo to hen ratio depends on the temperament of the birds , I have some Roos in with several hens and others one on one. Some Roos will have a favourite hen and show her more attention , regardless of how many others he has.
wink.png

he is pretty calm except when you let them out in the morning he is chasing after the hens for a few minutes or until I go get there feeder.

Back
Top Bottom