Silkie thread!

We don't know
sad.png
We put an offer last monday, but haven't heard anything yet...
I bet you can't wait! Don't know about the bonemeal...
A few of my new babies.
love.gif
I'm up to two dozen with more under broodies and in the incubator! WHEW!!!!

Your babies are just beautiful!
So excited to have found this thread! I just got my first chicks one week ago. 5 different breeds all a week old. Then I found myself a blue silkie... I got her (I hope) from a hatchery that got her from a place in Texas... she didn't give me the name. I hope she is a real fluffy one like the beautiful silkies that I see on this thread. So far she is a winner in my book. I am in love with her. Such a sweetheart. Someday I would like to get a show quality silkie. (or maybe mine will turn out to be the most beautiful of all
wink.png
)

Anyhow, her name is Marbles and I love her. Here are some photos I took yesterday of her.

Really great photos of your cutie!

Molly had her first bath!
lol.png
She was a trooper. I'm almost thinking she kind of enjoyed it. But I think being a burrito, so far, has been her favorite part.
big_smile.png
We'll see what she thinks of the hairdryer..

More pictures to follow!
lol.png

Here is a fun question for all of you silkie fans! I currently have 6 silkies. 3 are hens. One is a pullet another a cockerel and finally a rooster. Well all my hens are brooding now but prior to going broody all were laying eggs but only one hen was laying fertilized eggs. What gives!? Anyone else heard of this?

Hi Guys!
I need some Silkie genetics info. I want to breed porcelain and partridge silkies. I think I have a great start for my porcelain pen. I thought I read somewhere that Porcelain doesn't breed true. So, are what would the other colors I would need to have in the pen with Ricky? I also think I have a pretty good start with my Partridge, even though I only have a roo :) Does Partridge breed true? I do have some 4 month old Partridge on order with Bobbi Porto. Are there any additional colors I should have with Chewie (Partridge roo)? Thanks in advance for your help with this! Here are pictures of my Porcelain pen:
Ricky

Lucy

Delilah

Sampson

Lily

I just put my first dozen silkie eggs in the incubator at 99.5 degrees. About 45 minutes (maybe an hour?) later, I checked on them, and the thermometer read 107!! Did I just kill all the chicks, or was that not long enough or hot enough to do damage? :(

And that Silkie in your avatar Sanna is gorgeous! I want a chick from her.
thumbsup.gif
I thought I already posted an answer for this but it doesn't seem to be showing up...??
hu.gif

Anyway, the splash is my cockerel I'm breeding this year and showing at the Haddam Neck show. You should come see him!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom