Silkie thread!

So I went to the CT poultry show today and decided that Silkies definitely are my favorite breed! If I had to start over today, I would keep my Marbles, Lucille my RIR, and all the rest would be silkies!

Yay! Awesome! He is gorgeous! It was great meeting you today!
Thanks! Good meeting you too. Hope you continue visiting the shows and hopefully Marbles will turn out nice enough to bring along also.
big_smile.png

So I went to the CT poultry show today and decided that Silkies definitely are my favorite breed! If I had to start over today, I would keep my Marbles, Lucille my RIR, and all the rest would be silkies!
Good choice!
thumbsup.gif

Well, I went to my first Chicken Swap today and of course I couldn't leave empty handed!!!
big_smile.png
To justify the new birds to my DH (after the purchase mind you), I used the following chicken math
wink.png

I originally got 6 chicks
minus 1 (passed away)
soon to be minus another 2 (roos not allowed in our neighborhood (but only if you get caught!!))
Which will eventually leave only 3.
I bought 6 today. Based on the scenarios with the first 6, only 3 of these will make permanent additions, right?
Well, that gets me right back to the original 6. It's perfectly logical to me. DH just smiled and shook his head.
lau.gif

a couple of paint silkies

a partridge

a chocolate

and I ventured beyond my silkie boundaries and picked up a couple of cuckoo polish chicks.

Family picture
love.gif

At home in the new brooder I built today.
lau.gif
simple maths! Lovely

She is a showgirl and I assume a naked neck as she has no feathers on her neck. The shadow hen I referred to is grey and white and is larger than the other two although they are all the same age. I will get pictures and attached. It has been dreary and rainy here for two days, maybe tomorrow it will be sunny and I can take pictures of all three. I am very happy with them. Do you know if you are suppose to bath them or not. Their feet are dirty/

She's just driving me nuts! She really enjoyed her soaking, I let her stay there for a half hour. Then I gave her a wet mash of a little food, some parsley flakes, and some minced garlic(parsley and garlic are supposed to be laying stimulants) while she was in her bath and she happily gobbled it up, the spoiled brat
tongue.png
. So now her and Ice are in their indoor cage with the ceramic heat bulb on soaking up the warmth.
You might want to try a little olive oil inside the vent , I read that along with the warm baths really helps. Hope she lays it soon.

Back
Top Bottom