Silkie thread!

My TSC doesn't seem to care either!!! Enfuriates me!!! The manager told me to freeze it and the bugs are good for chickens. I also noticed a sour smell coming from the feed. He said that was normal. I now only shop at my local feed stores. Much better quality

The feed should not have any sour or moldy smells about it . There are feeds on the market here that contain oregano and thyme and they smell like a pizza shop, some have lashings of molasses added. When feeding grains I try to keep it as natural as possible, not cracked or ground just plain old whole grain. I buy premium micro - pellets and have seen a marked difference in health, feather condition and egg production. I guess if you aren't happy with the quality at your feed store , let your legs do the talking. That's what I did. :)

Omg guys..

One of my sizzles eggs has piped and is peeping. Around 4pm..... 4 days early... its the oldest egg who had veins formed already 3 days prior to her sitting. Idiot hen slept on eggs at night.

Will keep posted.... I wish sizzles could be wing sexed.

You could vent sex them....it really works and you just have to be gentle.  
I recommend not doing this to chickens at all unless you have someone experienced to teach you and guide you (IN PERSON!)

Silkies and other bantam are much too delicate for such an invasive procedure. I cannot let this comment go, sorry about that, I really prefer people not harming their chickens.

Quote: I did it and my Silkie is fine. I know some people think it's dangerous, but it works. I was REALLY gentle with my Silkie and as long as people are careful then I think it's fine. I read a lot about it and watched tons of videos about it. I hope I'm not offending you or anything.
smile.png

Quote:
That not a wheaton OEGB, as I think some said earlier. That's a buff laced
Quote:Google wheaten old English game as well. She could be either. Game birds are usually a bit ' flighty '.

Not a wheaten OEGB. She looks like a buff laced Sebright.

I did it and my Silkie is fine.  I know some people think it's dangerous, but it works.    I was REALLY gentle with my Silkie and as long as people are careful then I think it's fine.  I read a lot about it and watched tons of videos about it.    I hope I'm not offending you or anything.:)

There are many varying opinions on this issue but even the most experienced people that are vent sexing birds by the thousands , get it wrong , (you only need to read the many disgruntled stories of people buying ' sexed ' birds only to discover weeks down the track that they have Roos ). No youtube footage is sufficient training in my opinion. As Sub said it's too risky especially with bantams. IMHO .

Back
Top Bottom