Silkie thread!

I have found that if the silkies are in with the larger birds from day 1, they respect each others space. It seems like when you try to introduce them to each other as they get older that the silkies get squished!

Thanks for this advise. I separated my little Silkie to protect her. She is quite limp, non responsive, eyes closed, still chirping though. I'm hoping she will sort up but I'm afraid she is in her way up.

Keep her warm and hydrated. Hope she pulls through. Keep us posted. There's a thread for symptoms and treatment. There's a lot of folks with much more knowledge and experience than me that are eager to help .

welcome-byc.gif

We will eagerly await the pics.
smile.png

Oh yes, they will be coming!

Who are you getting your birds from? Amber Waves Silkies in Norco (Riverside County) is where I'm considering my next Silkie purchase. Enjoy your Silkies -- they are adorable and have such different personalities!

Dawne Cullen, Fabulously Feathered Silkies

Welcome. You picked a great breed to begin with!

Thanks! Cant wait to get started.

I have a brooder lamp but no way of hanging it over them yet, I do have a little automatic space heater that comes on in the room if it gets too cold.

It's funny you mentioned a space heater. I have a Black Silkie that we kept in-house a few times for quarantine. She loves sitting in front of the fan and positions herself a preferred distance from it so she can feel the breeze ruffling through her fur. When she wanted to feel the fan breeze she'd tap on it to let us know she wanted it on! I bet if it was a push button starter she'd learn to turn it on herself!

We were at the County Fair a couple years back and we saw a pen full of white Silkies huddled in front of a big box fan to feel the breeze ruffling through their feathers!

Back
Top Bottom