Silkie thread!

She went broody on two of her owns eggs but I was lucky enough to have found her some Silkie and Showgirl eggs and she readily accepted them......

0.jpg

Well between lastnight and today we hatched out 11 Silkie chicks. I have one more egg that has movement but still hasn't done anything yet. Fingers crossed as I started out with 30 eggs. A lot weren't fertile but 6 made it full term, then died before they pipped. Very sad about that. Come on egg number 12....

Little Miss Fluffy Butt found a nice warm spot in the sun =) She is 8 months old and we're hoping she starts laying eggs soon :D
I noticed your round perch ...we give our silkies a 2x4 on its side to perch on they are always on it, do you find yours like a round perch ? Maybe I should try it
1f60a.png

Hello, Silkie folks!

Here is my quartet of Silkies, hatched in October from shipped eggs:

The one on the bottom left had spur bumps that I could feel, as a very little chick. None of the other chicks did.

When he was about seven weeks, he started a squeaky crow and would have daily fights with a little Wyandotte cockerel. When he showed up with muddy dreadlocks one rainy day, he earned the name "Captain Jack Sparrow."

The other chicks never fussed at the Wyandotte cockerel. They just ignored all the commotion. Does this mean they are pullets? Or is this still 'wait and see'?

Captain Jack at 3 1/2 months. Such a friendly fellow!

Back
Top Bottom