Silkie thread!

This is clearly what is going on with Elliot but I'm thinking I might like to show him ....
roll.png

Try unflavored gelatin. concentrate it, and use it on his crest and beard like hair gel. it will stay like cement but will simply wash out with a bath without damaging the feathers. Also will stay better than hair ties or hair tape

Try unflavored gelatin. concentrate it, and use it on his crest and beard like hair gel. it will stay like cement but will simply wash out with a bath without damaging the feathers. Also will stay better than hair ties or hair tape

YES! this works great, and it doesnt seem to wash out for quite awhile when they dunk their heads in water, either.

Hi,
Thanks, we understand and know that information, our first flock came from Alan Stanford so when getting them from proven lines your odds are greater than not,
appreciate your help,
Thanks,
Take care

Last edited:
good morning everyone- never done any showing, but these are my girls, i think the one in the back is a girl, a hatchling from 3 cedars, and Flo, my hen from Betsy- i hope to be getting more soon- flo insists on laying her egg on the couch... i am wanting to build a silkie coop and run in the spring

Peepblessed-- wow, I'd never checked out your site before! I think horses and birds go hand in hand a lot. :) The horses on your farm are gorgeous! Your dad did a great job with the ponds and landscaping. I would love to do something like that here, too. We're on the Plains... we're lucky to even have TREES. (which we really don't...) What a fun place to live/grow up. :) I checked out the link you posted about the seller you bought eggs from.. very impressive birds he has! I may have to look into that when he has BBS up. Didn't sound like he had any right now. How did your eggs arrive?? Were they all okay?? That is really cool he ships in a styrofoam cooler! What a great idea!

Peepblessed-- wow, I'd never checked out your site before! I think horses and birds go hand in hand a lot. :) The horses on your farm are gorgeous! Your dad did a great job with the ponds and landscaping. I would love to do something like that here, too. We're on the Plains... we're lucky to even have TREES. (which we really don't...) What a fun place to live/grow up. :) I checked out the link you posted about the seller you bought eggs from.. very impressive birds he has! I may have to look into that when he has BBS up. Didn't sound like he had any right now. How did your eggs arrive?? Were they all okay?? That is really cool he ships in a styrofoam cooler! What a great idea!

Thank you for the kind words, Hawkeye! I lived in Kansas for three years about 40 years ago! I lived in Junction City and it was beautiful there. I eggs came with super packaging! I was really impressed! Every egg was bubble wrapped, put in and egg carton with shredded paper to fill in gaps and all was surrounded by more bubble wrap and packing peanuts! I am planning to candle tonight though it's only been 3 days! And yes, it was in a small, heavy duty syrofoam box!

good morning everyone- never done any showing, but these are my girls, i think the one in the back is a girl, a hatchling from 3 cedars, and Flo, my hen from Betsy- i hope to be getting more soon- flo insists on laying her egg on the couch... i am wanting to build a silkie coop and run in the spring

Nice artwork you have there! I occasionally do portrait work also. I'm an impressionist so not so much demand for portraits. Flo's a pretty girl!!

thanks, i have done a little impressionist style- its actually quite fun to do, but realism sells better...:)

Flo is a sweet heart! had a friend pick me up a couple silkies, what all do you think of them? i won't get them till june- he saw them at an auction and had to get them... he said they were coming out of a molt, so look pretty ragged...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom