Silkie thread!

Remember that just like blues come in many shades:

So do splash:
Right--- well, this has been my thinking all along. In fact, I was getting good at spotting a washed out Splash with a darker diluted Splash-- mine are darker and I really like them. I have several Blues as well-- easy to spot in my opinion, even the lighter ones with some darker feathers-- like the first picture you posted. But my Splash, never considered them a messy Blue because they did not have a white base. We have to leave here in a bit-- day camp stuff for the kids, but when I get back, I'll be able to go get pics of some of my younger birds and post.
wink.png
I had never second guessed myself until just now!

I have horrible news. A coon got in my silkie coop last night. I lost all of my silkies except my roo roger... the one that got scalped by a hawk a month or so ago, and 3 wyandotte chicks that Leila was fostering. It managed to get in by going in between the dog run and the coop, pulling the fencing off on that side of the coop tractor. I put that side against the dog run cuz I knew it was a weak side until I could buy the last of my trim wood to sandwiche the last section of fencing. I am so mad at myself. I just ran out of money and still needed about $30 in wood, and was getting that on tuesday when I get paid again. I can see on the fencing where it tried to get in at other places as couldn't, so I know I did a good job there, but I thought that putting the tractor up against the dog run on its weak spot wouldnt give room for anything to get through.

Lesson learned. I am so mad I am in tears.

I have horrible news. A coon got in my silkie coop last night. I lost all of my silkies except my roo roger... the one that got scalped by a hawk a month or so ago, and 3 wyandotte chicks that Leila was fostering. It managed to get in by going in between the dog run and the coop, pulling the fencing off on that side of the coop tractor. I put that side against the dog run cuz I knew it was a weak side until I could buy the last of my trim wood to sandwiche the last section of fencing. I am so mad at myself. I just ran out of money and still needed about $30 in wood, and was getting that on tuesday when I get paid again. I can see on the fencing where it tried to get in at other places as couldn't, so I know I did a good job there, but I thought that putting the tractor up against the dog run on its weak spot wouldnt give room for anything to get through.

I am so sorry!
hugs.gif

Oh no, I am soooo very sorry for you! I had my favorite turkey get caught by coyote a couple months ago and I was just so upset. I know how it feels, although this is more of your babies. I'm just so very sorry. Those raccoons are very creative and really work at something and don't easily give up.
sad.png

I figure it'll be back, so I am baiting the trap with the remains of my glw, and going to play cowboy with a .22 in the morning. I know its just surviving too, but it's not going to survive on my chickens again.
aim low into the ground-- do you have neighbors? Maybe sit up on your back deck up higher so you can aim down. If you're a good shot, aim for the head so it's over fast. Even then, sometimes it takes a couple shots to put them down. Good luck! :)

Oh yeah, I have a great neighbor. He'd be more than happy to make sure its done right. Me, I have never shot anything... and I know i should do it quick... but it at this moment, right now that is, I wouldn't mind if it took a minute... BUT, I know really, I want it just dead NOW so it don't come back.

Back
Top Bottom