silkie unhappy after given too much food poo all over his bottom

max101

Songster
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
newcastle Australia
I posted if it was safe to give 14 week old silkies different types of food and ppl said yes so I gave my 3 silkies yoghurt grapes oats and meat. Now one of my silkies is looking real unhappy. I had to wash his bottom as their was poo all over it. I blow dried him after it as I was told a silkie cannot get wet. They all have grit. Will silkies recover if they poo too much. He hasnt eaten this morning and is just standing around with his head down looking miserable.

I hope you have them on starter, not grit. And I would avoid grapes until they are a bit older- maybe even 3 months. Yogurt they can have daily, but not all of that together- those are treats, not a daily ration.
Good Luck!

I just checked him and he looks better well his head is up now and walking around i have my silkies on starter and scratch mixed in together. I hope I dont lose him threw my stupidity. I will only give them yoghurt now and wait until they are heaps older for other stuff

Scratch should not be given free choice, only the starter/grower/layer ration should be free choice, as I understand it.

Keep them on their starter. Some treats are fine, anything on your list would be fine, however, not too much at once. Maybe just a few grapes cut up one day, yogurt next, some meat scraps a few days later and so on. They don't need to fill up on junk food and any arubt food changes can throw off their insides. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom