Silkie, what breed? What sex? Is he/she really 6weeks old?

Question (and back on topic!) is the painted’s posture more roo in this photo?

Attachments

• 28C3C76E-1C1E-4870-9E61-046969411B9E.jpeg
    28C3C76E-1C1E-4870-9E61-046969411B9E.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 12
Can you believe was still up at 1:15am researching Silkies, lol x_o

The good news is, dustmop chick was in good spirits this morning and very active!

They don’t drink much water, I wonder if that’s normal?

Here are some better photos! I did my best for dust mop...
Her crest probably is very inacurrate since I chopped off a bunch of head feathers yesterday 😅
I just love these birds!!! Adorable!!

The paint does have a more roo like posture in the picture. I've got lots of little pullets that like adopting a more cockerel like stance at times though. In absence of other cockerel features I wouldn't pay it much mind. :)

Yay! I got something right!

I’m hoping to get better at recognizing gender identifiers, I’m envious how everyone on this sub forum can confidently go “pullet!” “cockerel!”, while I’m just like... what? how? 😂

Yay! I got something right!

I’m hoping to get better at recognizing gender identifiers, I’m envious how everyone on this sub forum can confidently go “pullet!” “cockerel!”, while I’m just like... what? how? 😂
I have a female silkie who is bad ass and bossy and always upright. And she yells LOUDLY if i don't do what she wants quick enough! #HouseChickenProblems

Id spend the $14 and DNA test, because i go insane otherwise 😂

I just love these birds!!! Adorable!!

They are! I can't believe there's people out there who look down on silkies, how could you resist! I'm tempted to go back and get more, I just picked up a used dog house which I plan on modifying into a silky coop... it's a bit on the small side, so maybe I shouldn't... but silkies are small right, so... maybe I could...? :oops:

Cutest thing ever!❤

They are so sweet, I'm addicted!

They are! I can't believe there's people out there who look down on silkies, how could you resist! I'm tempted to go back and get more, I just picked up a used dog house which I plan on modifying into a silky coop... it's a bit on the small side, so maybe I shouldn't... but silkies are small right, so... maybe I could...? :oops:

They are so sweet, I'm addicted!
Oh yeah, it would be more than enough. Did you see my setup? My 4 bantams sleep in their little coop area together, all snuggled up.

Back
Top Bottom