Silkie with head tremors

How long has this been happening?
I just got her two days ago and it has been happening since then. The breeder is being helpful but she did not seem to have a problem prior to transfer. The breeder is thinking stress, new feathers coming in or New castle. I dont think it is new castle because she has no other symptoms. She stops when I hold her and when I massage her neck and head.

I just got her two days ago and it has been happening since then. The breeder is being helpful but she did not seem to have a problem prior to transfer. The breeder is thinking stress, new feathers coming in or New castle. I dont think it is new castle because she has no other symptoms. She stops when I hold her and when I massage her neck and head.

It could be stress I had a silkie with this exact problem and it turned out to be stress. Hopefully that’s the case here

It could be stress I had a silkie with this exact problem and it turned out to be stress. Hopefully that’s the case here
She is getting the full princess treatment for now. Her breeder is sending me a Newcastle vaccine to give her too. I just feel that she is healthy in general. Looks like lots of massage and gentle combing in her future. Fingers crossed.

https://youtube.com/shorts/OCs4LP_iGn8?feature=share
4 months old. Siblings are fine. No other symptoms. Healthy stool, no nasal discharge, eating and drinking well too. What could this be?Here is a video
I had some chicken friends come over to see her and they said Newcastle immediately. I had not even mentioned that possibility. So now I am wondering what kind of options this little girl will have? Her breeder will take her back but also offered to give me the vaccine which she says should heal her and make her non contagious. Three shots, once a week. What kind of life can I offer this chicken and do you think I will ever be able to let her go with the rest of the flock?

Back
Top Bottom