silkie

CrazyChixLady

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 20, 2012
My neighbor told me I should add a silkie to my girls. After my husband showed me pictures I'm convinced I should. What has he done to me?

It's called enabling. Be very happy.
lol.png

LoL! Considering the fact that I was completely against having any chickens at to having 3 and possibly add more. He took me to the stock shop and i fell in love with the chicks. ;)Yeah I would call that enabling.

I got my first silkie hen at the beginning of the year (shes my avatar) and I in love with her. If you are looking for a chicken that is more of a pet they are get choice. Extremely friendly and funny.

But, to be fair they are not good egg layers are broody a lot and do have some special accommodation needs - like they can not get onto roosts and don't really scratch so you might need to trim her nails. Just want to give you a heads up so you know what you are getting into. I would be sure to read a bit about them if you have not yet.

My chickens are okay with her but she does seem like an outsider and I know wish I had gotten two rather than just one so she had someone to sleep with at night.

In your/our defense how could one not love a furry little chicken! Love my Silkies, each has their own personality and all are docile. One or two bossy hens but they are still docile, just more eager to have their treats.

Back
Top Bottom