Silkies and showgirl eggs put in the incubator 12/25 !!!

dahartfarm

In the Brooder
Dec 22, 2015
Maryland
I got a new incubator for christmas (well ok early christmas) so I collected some of my own eggs and ordered a few from a silkie breeder to help improve my stock and.........we are off! It hasn't been hard keeping the humidity up since its been crazy humid and rainy in md. Also have some quail eggs in there from my own stock just for fun. *fingers crossed*. I know quail hatch earlier then chickens so I created a separate brooder box for when they hatch. tips/tricks/comments?

Upped humidity and turned off the automatic turner.... Hoping some of my quail eggs hatch !!! A few more days... I'm worried the fertility is low. They are too small to candle *fingers crossed* 21 days for my chicken eggs at the end of the week

ok so the quail should be hatching today but so far only the two that hatched have piped/hatched. they are doing well but im worried as none of the other quail eggs have pipped. some are moving around. ugh this is stressful!

Please does anyone have advice? I have only opened the lid to add water to keep hummidity stable.............some of the eggs have been moving but no pipping yet. when should I get worried? how long should I wait before i know they are not hatching? these 2 chicks are out of 18 eggs.

Last edited:
Your quail are adorable :love

Since your incubator is forced air, I'm guessing you've got it set at 99.5F for temp. What's your humidity been throughout incubation? And, did you calibrate your thermometer(s) and hygrometer(s) before you started?

Who is the manufacturer of the 'bator?

Back
Top Bottom