chickens as house pets? Opinions and views

Pics
hey I was just wondering how many people have silkies as house pets out there in the world.I want to have one as my own and I want to know how they do also as house pets.
NOT a good idea to have live poultry walking around your home. Yes they are adorable but they can also carry all kinds of disease... and they poop EVERYWHERE. Just - no. Not a good idea at all.

it is possible you just have to start early like 3 weeks.
No. I simply don’t believe that.
Chickens are outdoor animals and they prefer to be outside. Unless your house is crawling with bugs (and it will be if you let them live indoors), what are they going to do all day? Roost on your furniture and poop, that’s what. And if you have children? Not a good idea. It’s absolutely disgusting, as a matter of fact.

everyone has different opinions .and my dad is saying something like you are on the matter of silkies in the house
Keeping a chicken indoors is disgusting. That is not an opinion, it’s a fact. Listen, it’s not realistic. I change my clothes and scrub myself every time I come in from the coop. If you really want them close have them right outside... way better than in the house contaminating every surface. Ultimately do what you want but unless you have absolutely no life you will spend all your time cleaning up. And no, you can’t potty train a chicken. There’s just no way.

Back
Top Bottom