Silkies from Garry Farm "BARGAIN" ?

They are just adorable! I think silkie chicks are some of the cutest chicks their are :)
I hope I have as good of a hatch rate as you, being my first time I'm so nervous! I still think its so neat you at least had one buff, one black and whites. Makes for a pretty bunch. :) Will you be ordering anymore?

Also, what are you using for the bottom? Shelf liner for cabinets and things? How is this working out for you?

The yare absolutely gorgeous especially against that burgundy background! So lucky! :) I can't help but to keep coming back and looking at them, so cute! Please post more as they grow, I would love to see them grow up!
Have they gotten names yet?

Last edited:
Yes I did :) ... Nancy actually pm'd me today to let me know she received payment! I sent the other one for the RIRs out the same day as well but no word if it has reached him yet. :)
So excited! I just want to tell them both to push up the dates a little like say this week, next week!!! But I should really give us more time since the run/coop isn't completed. We did purchase the 10x10x6 kennel this weekend though for their run. Ive got our needed supply list written down and we have all our plans to what needs to be done to the coop, shouldn't take us more than a day or two, to complete once started.

Last edited:
So excited for you! Let me know if you start a new hatch thread so I can follow it! You will have a good three weeks or more after they hatch when they are in a brooder to get their coop ready. And of course 3 weeks of incubating! I hope Nancy checks on this page to see the pictures! They are so cute!

So excited for you! Let me know if you start a new hatch thread so I can follow it! You will have a good three weeks or more after they hatch when they are in a brooder to get their coop ready. And of course 3 weeks of incubating! I hope Nancy checks on this page to see the pictures! They are so cute!

You will have to pm her to check up on the thread! Maybe you and I can post pics of our chicks in this thread so that way others with my same question can have a thread to go and look. Yes, we have a lot of work ahead of us, but I know it will go quickly once we get a couple good days of warmer weather. :) I think I will be sad when they have to go out to the coop!
And I agree they are adorable! :)

I'm lurking and drooling over here as much as I can..... Farming is intensive business.....Love all the babies!!! and all the silkies and each of you too!
smile.png
love.gif

Here are some pictures of my white silkies from Nancy at Garry Farm. Two had vaulted skulls. I'll take better ones tomorrow as they have matured even nicer!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom