silkies laid there first eggs!!!

chicken head34

Songster
9 Years
May 29, 2010
middleburg
I went out to check on my chickys and saw that my silkies had three little eggs!!!! there first!!!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
I have a partridge and a splash!!! hopefully i can talk my dad into getting me a roo!!!
fl.gif
love.gif
ill get pics later!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
tongue.png
lol.png

Congrats! And AGE PLEASE! I'm still waiting to find out whether my silkies are boys or girls. They're 6 1/2 months old.
hmm.png

Wow, you should already know....My cathryn walden/hattrick/amber waves I can already tell. The males should have long feathers coming out the top of their heads, they are 4 months. Put up a picture and I might can help. The males legs are also bigger if that helps any.

Quote:

Quote:

Nope, no crow no egg yet. I do have an alpha roo in that flock, so a silkie roo (if I have one) may be too intimidated to crow.
I've posted pics before. Need to get some new ones, but they won't cooperate. Impossible to tell if they have streamers or not, because I gave them haircuts for clearer vision.

Sorry chicken head. Didn't mean to hijack.

its okay gritsar, lol my silkies are little egg laying machines!!! i went out there today and there where 2 more eggs!!!
big_smile.png
hopefully i can talk my dad into getting them a rooster for christmas!
smile.png
i ask this before on BYC but didnt get that many answers.....whats the best color roo to get for a partridge and splash hen? srry for reasking just very curious:)

Back
Top Bottom