Silkies Non Bearded Central Florida

newchickfl

Songster
Jan 16, 2015
Florida
I am looking for black non bearded silkies in central florida, female as I am not allowed roosters in my area. If anyone knows of someone who breeds them or has some available please let me know.
Thank You

I am looking for black non bearded silkies in central florida, female as I am not allowed roosters in my area. If anyone knows of someone who breeds them or has some available please let me know.
Thank You
Just incase you are not aware, it's very difficult to sex juvenile Silkies. Even for the breeders. I was sure both of our Silkies where pullets. Then one crowed, a week later so did the other

If you want guaranteed females you'll likely have to buy adult hens.

Best of luck in your search. I'm in CFL too, but only know where to get bearded Silkies.

Last edited:
Just incase you are not aware, it's very difficult to sex juvenile Silkies. Even for the breeders. I was sure both of our Silkies where pullets. Then one crowed, a week later so did the other

If you want guaranteed females come on I have to just buy adult hens.

Best of luck in your search. I'm in CFL too, but only know where to get bearded Silkies.
I know silkies cannot be sexed or very well at least. The last one I got was about 3 months old so I was able to tell it was a pullet. Unfortunately she was taken by a hawk. So I am on the hunt to get another one. Everyone has bearded. the non bearded are hard to find.

I know silkies cannot be sexed or very well at least. The last one I got was about 3 months old so I was able to tell it was a pullet. Unfortunately she was taken by a hawk. So I am on the hunt to get another one. Everyone has bearded. the non bearded are hard to find.
Well best of luck. I edited the above post. Sorry if it came out cocky. I'm on a new phone and my glasses are broken... :he

Well best of luck. I edited the above post. Sorry if it came out cocky. I'm on a new phone and my glasses are broken... :he
Thanks and no worries.....it's hard when you are just typing since you cant put emotions in it, sometimes I find myself re-reading and just re-doing the whole thing lol :lol:

Have you tried Tropical Chickie's or Bobbi Porto? They have some of the best Silkies you can get... I'll be hatching Silkies soon as well and I'm in Lakeland.
I have 2 Silkies from Monique of Tropical Chickie"s and her stock is indeed beautiful (very) however they are bearded. The OP is looking for none bearded.
20200209_105707.jpg

Last edited:
Have you tried Tropical Chickie's or Bobbi Porto? They have some of the best Silkies you can get... I'll be hatching Silkies soon as well and I'm in Lakeland.
Tropical chickie's only has bearded. I have tried contacting Idigo egg but have never recvd a response. so the hunt for non bearded continues :) but now I am looking for a white and a black. :)

Back
Top Bottom