Silkies or Satins? Did I make a mistake…

They will most likely be very attractive birds. The middle chick is particularly interesting looking. They will be moderate layers and good broody mamas.

So! I just read back with what parents the breeder mixed with some of them, it looks like for the middle chick you’re talking about both have Mille Fleur coloring and patterns, so she said it’s a near guarantee!

That’s what I thought…
Should I be… idk, not excited about this news? I know nothing about satins. If I was expecting to own silkies can I still be expecting the same size/qualities??

Maybe I should make a new thread for this…. Ugh. 😞
They’re so pretty! Here’s my satin mix bob, she was all wet. and her baby brother, joker. They’re always such pretty birds and yours are ADORABLE! (joker is the middle bird
06A8BE84-6495-41A7-AAA0-754045931E53.jpeg
705BF763-C4FA-4CAB-9922-9C4273534522.jpeg
7C6F3699-8074-4299-93A8-53C11D5E453A.jpeg

Wow- they’re so stunning!!! I love their roundness, my gosh they look so goofy in their pullet state!! 😁😁♥️
Thanks! Joker is a roo, and he’s beautiful. Hoping the others are all girls so he has at least 7 ladies but my bantams and my 3 5 month olds love them. hes a moth old I think, ans I just hatched 2 more of his siblings. The white one in the back is Ee/ silkie cross, and I just hatched two of her siblings as well. Yours are definitely gonna be good looking too! Bob will appreciate it 😁

Thanks! Joker is a roo, and he’s beautiful. Hoping the others are all girls so he has at least 7 ladies but my bantams and my 3 5 month olds love them. hes a moth old I think, ans I just hatched 2 more of his siblings. The white one in the back is Ee/ silkie cross, and I just hatched two of her siblings as well. Yours are definitely gonna be good looking too! Bob will appreciate it 😁

I made this thread so you and others can tell me about your satin journey if you’d like!!! I want to hear all about Bob’s and Joker’s adventures!
I want to work really hard at being a good satin mama 😭

Back
Top Bottom