Silkies tag-teaming the 2 batches of eggs.

Pics
So wifey made me a triple cheese grilled cheese before bed. They are the best sandwicheches. Except for the wife leaving part. Stay safe Texas.
1) grilled cheese 'samm-iches are a great treat
2) wife leaving????. That's one heck of a tangent to toss out there dude. Color me very confuzzled.

I have so rotisserie chicken I have been cooking off to debone before I goto sleep..... It should be cooled off enough by now....

So it's officially a week after the cockerel had started to chortle. Today while reconfiguring the silkie area in prep for the cold front and rain outta the NNW direction, I decided to let the white original too down and join everyone. So far several of the young have kept him busy with mild challenges and then, about 30 minutes ago the cockerel mounts one of its hatch mates and it squaks in displeasure. Then the White Momma comes over an does a squak-peck at the female hatchling as soon as the cockerel got off.
Meanwhile the white Roo was no where close.
Then about 5 minutes later I hear the same sounds and see a matrix like repeat but, the white Momma silkie is not around them nor is the white roo.

Sheesh.

I'll aim for some update pics later.

So it's officially a week after the cockerel had started to chortle. Today while reconfiguring the silkie area in prep for the cold front and rain outta the NNW direction, I decided to let the white original too down and join everyone. So far several of the young have kept him busy with mild challenges and then, about 30 minutes ago the cockerel mounts one of its hatch mates and it squaks in displeasure. Then the White Momma comes over an does a squak-peck at the female hatchling as soon as the cockerel got off.
Meanwhile the white Roo was no where close.
Then about 5 minutes later I hear the same sounds and see a matrix like repeat but, the white Momma silkie is not around them nor is the white roo.

Sheesh.

I'll aim for some update pics later.
This front is going to race through Texas faster than I can drive. We aren't expecting a rain event like usually are associated with those. I hope DFW gets it just the same every time I looked today the panhandle didn't receive rain from this but that might have changed over the hours. Best wishes I for one am saving my mowing for those cool dry mornings.

So it's been almost a week that I have let the silkie white Roo return to the group of silkies and he has - with the cockerel who is still occasionally doing his cute chortle - been behaving himself with everyone... and definitely not trying to forceably mount all the girls every single, bloody second.

Back
Top Bottom