Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 791 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.7%

• Total voters
You guys…why do feed stores still have chicks???? I have ZERO willpower 😩

0BBD4D5E-91EB-4635-AE92-6AFB117A6620.jpeg

11AA012F-3B0C-44D3-B660-0480831D160B.jpeg

@LynnaePB what vitamins do you use? I have a poultry multivitamin I can add to their water. I add it daily when I have chicks but I will start adding for grown ups in one of their waterers to help boost them ready for hatching season.

I usually use poultry cell which is a liquid vitamin and have had good results with that.

I'd think what you are using now looks pretty good in that it has all the vitamins silkies are more prone to being deficient in. I'd definitely think it would be worth trying to help boost before hatching season. ☺️

I'm unsure how often is too often but my birds have done well with vitamins added to their water once every 1-2 weeks.

You guys…why do feed stores still have chicks???? I have ZERO willpower 😩

View attachment 3225868

View attachment 3225872

Aww congratulations on the new babies! 🥰 It is really hard not to be tempted! 😂

Took #2 out to mom this morning while waiting on #3 to hatch..I held the lil thing in my hands and mom came running over to inspect the baby... Placed it in the nest, and mom went right in and covered it up.. Poof Poof is a great mom..
And finally #3 is here.. Talk about a vaulted skull and a half! This is definitely a Puff Meister Baby! 3/4 silkie, 1/4 EEView attachment 3225227
congrats on your little babies! 😍
I’ve had some with vaults like this!🤣
Color on this one looks really interesting. Would love to see a photo of it all fluffed up!

I do, it can walk well it's just has it's neck a little crooked when it's standing and then when it goes to preen itself it can't seem to and that's the pictures I posted. I think I'm going to try to save it because there's a possibility that I can. I'd never forgive myself if I killed it without trying.
How is your little one doing today?❤️

How is your little one doing today?❤️
The little one has improved SO much! It looks like it can hold it's head higher today and it's not as crooked. I bought a little jar of vitamins and minerals from Tractor Supply yesterday that I can put in their water and then I've been chopping up pieces of a fried egg and giving it to them as well. And whenever I hold it I try to massage it's neck even though there's not much to massage! But the little floofer has improved so much!

Back
Top Bottom