Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
Thank you both... Having a hard time selling them atm.
They are very nice quality from the photo. I once had to wait almost 2 months before I sold one of my males. Just a matter of the right person seeing your ad at the right time. I use craigslist and post really fabulous photos. Emphasize they are purebred, emphasize where they came from.
Emphasize correct feet if they have them, correct combs, etc.
I use words like “super fluffy“ “not from a hatchery” etc.
You will need to be patient. Whatever you do don’t give them away for free unless you know the person and can trust them. The word “free“ brings out all the crazies especially on craigslist. Make sure you arrange to meet at a neutral place, for example a public parking lot.😊

Mother cochin/silkie
20221002_140852.jpg

2 of her daughters when bred back to a silkie. They aren't too bad.
20221002_141502.jpg

20221002_141451.jpg

Does anyone have any place that they trust to get dominant white silkies from? I really would love to get some, but I'm quite wary of just getting ebay eggs due to disease risk
You should check with a Paint breeder. If they have any of their breeding pens with paint over paint, then 25% of the chicks will be dominant white. I just hatched one!😊

Hi guys, I have a weird chicken question...so one of my silkie girls Jewel has started an interesting behavior recently. She will be fine one minute then the next she acts like she sees something on the ground, (but there's nothing there) and she'll start jumping and flapping her wings and sqwaking like somethings after her! She has done this twice in the past few days. Is it potentially an illness or something else? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom