Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
Welcome!

My silkies managed to thrive and even sit eggs during a cold snap we had that sent temps down in the teens here. You have to realize that sometimes a bird passed for no known reason at all. I can't say why, but if the other two are filling up at feed time, have sunshine and plenty of fresh water they too will thrive. Wishing you the best of luck.

Thank you. Yes, it's crop was completely empty, while the other two had full crops. It couldn't have gotten rained on, because it didn't rain, only snow, but their pen is in a location where they couldn't have gotten snowed in either. The other two are doing fine, hoping this was just bad luck, and the others grow up into beautiful pom poms

What do you think of the 14 week F2 old silkie mix? I know I know, some don't like the black head, so I have her in with Lancelot, the black roo I got.
DSC_0335.JPG

Me thinks feathering and pattern are coming along swell as well as body type.

She looks to be doing well! Hoping she continues to heal!!!

Ok I've got to sell some 😒...so would yall advertise this one I've been questioning as a girl?
I'll be selling her along with the redder buff boy there. She is identidied with a blue arrow throughout the video so you can watch and give me your thoughts.
Thank yall!!!

I'm not 100% in sex. It is most likely a girl. You'll have to be ready to replace with another of it does eventually turn out to be a boy.

Of course the opposite can happen. Guy on another forum was looking for a mutt rooster and some one local said they could hook him up. The 'rooster' is definitely a hen.

What do you think of the 14 week F2 old silkie mix? I know I know, some don't like the black head, so I have her in with Lancelot, the black roo I got.View attachment 3399443
Me thinks feathering and pattern are coming along swell as well as body type.

Looking pretty good. Next gen should be great.

Black heads are very popular as pets. Just aren't good for show.

My silkie hen keeps mouth breathing when she is in the house during the night. She has to be inside because she is still being quarantined. I think it is do to stress. Any other opinions?
Is she sneezing, coughing or any other symptoms?
My Satin pullet started this Sunday but she was eyes closed and puffed up beak breathing.

Is she sneezing, coughing or any other symptoms?
My Satin pullet started this Sunday but she was eyes closed and puffed up beak breathing.
If you have colloidal silver on hand give her a few drops. I gave some to the Mags for sour crop yesterday. Amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom