Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I love Silkies so much, gorgeous and kind. But i will never be getting them again, heres why.

Horrible immune system. Keep in mind i have overall bad luck when it comes to the health of chickens but all my silkies just die and its really heart breaking.

Getting bullied. Again, heartbreaking for me that they get picked on so much so its really best if i don’t get them again.

I still love them lots, but they aren’t the bird for me, i feel to bad.
There are definitely some very sweet and gentle silkies that don’t manage well in mixed flocks! I have 4 and all of them live in mixed flocks and they range from broody and sweet, to broody and sassy! My one Silkie Betty ditched her Silkie pals and roosts in the big chicken coop with all my big chickens! I watched her peck one of my big hens till they scooted over on the roost to make room for her 😆 She is much bigger in her mind 😆 They are so sweet though. I’m sorry youve had a poor experience with them 🙁

It’s been awhile since I posted any updates! Here is Inky all grown you now! She’s turning into a very pretty hatchery quality Silkie 🥰

6B246DD8-9632-4470-BE7D-645DF3F3D792.jpeg

4263979E-2DF0-4388-8B6F-0C9691F8CFEC.jpeg

She's such a cutiepie!
Do you trim her crest?
Thanks! She’s so cute 🥰 I haven’t had to trim hers as it is growing the way it is and hasn’t started growing over her eyes. Hatchery and backyard quality birds tend to have more manageable crests 😁 it’s those fancy show silkies that realllly can’t see 😁

I still don't think the smooth feathered one looks like a half silkie other than the red comb and wattles.

View attachment 3403176
The crest and beard give it away ..I have her sister here! She was checking out the grass on the other side of the fence... didn't take too long before ZZZZZZap!
DSC_0351.JPG

Back
Top Bottom