Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
12 chicks, now 4 wks old
I'm thinking to sell the 3 blues /grey (one has brown colour on its head so that's interesting) ..and 3 splash - though not sure if 3rd is a splash yet no obvious spots so maybe it's just an off-white type of colour.

IMG_20230216_113210.jpg

IMG_20230216_113544.jpg

IMG_20230216_113455.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230216_113151.jpg
    IMG_20230216_113151.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 2
I'm super eggscited this morning. I had moved Turtle Dove my half EE hen from Gen Lee's pen to another where I had put Lil Boy Blue. She's finally waking up from a long molt and winter vacation, so I've been keeping an eye on her eggs. Bingo! She's finally accepting LBB's donations! Going to gather some of her eggs to incubate, while keeping an eye on Rose's eggs to see if he's breeding her. LLB is the ONLY blue male I've gotten from Shadow Captain and Poof Poof. All the others were splash.

I still don't think the smooth feathered one looks like a half silkie other than the red comb and wattles.

View attachment 3403176
Oh thar buff baby is gorgeous!!! Luv the lighter buffs!
Chickaletta and 3 chicks she's raising... Buff looks like a boy with wide comb so far.
View attachment 3406662View attachment 3406663
View attachment 3406664

12 chicks, now 4 wks old
I'm thinking to sell the 3 blues /grey (one has brown colour on its head so that's interesting) ..and 3 splash - though not sure if 3rd is a splash yet no obvious spots so maybe it's just an off-white type of colour.

View attachment 3406665

View attachment 3406666
View attachment 3406667
Awe some beautiful colors ya got! Congrats!

Hello, new to this thread, but I love silkies! I have three, 2 roosters, Kohaku and Blackie, Formerly Akira. We originally thought Blackie was a girl, and Akira means thoughtful and intelligent. Kohaku means amber. The female's name is Kaya, which means sunny. So normally we call her Sunny. Their names are Japanese, because of their origins. :frow

Hello, new to this thread, but I love silkies! I have three, 2 roosters, Kohaku and Blackie, Formerly Akira. We originally thought Blackie was a girl, and Akira means thoughtful and intelligent. Kohaku means amber. The female's name is Kaya, which means sunny. So normally we call her Sunny. Their names are Japanese, because of their origins. :frow
I see Kohaku and I immediately think of Spirited Away! Such pretty names!

Back
Top Bottom