Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
Oh that would be disheartening. Sorry to hear that! Hopefully later hatches were better.

I have the little wry neck in the house now so I can keep an eye on it and give vitamins. If it recovers, I have a feeling it’ll end up being a little cockerel because I’m going to get so attached lol.
I cured a rooster with wry neck that started with a head injury. 2 things you can do. Castor oil massages on the neck, and DMSO applications. Both relieve inflamation and act as an analgesic. My guy was perfectly normal within 2 weeks doing that. A half of a baby aspirin won't hurt either.

I cured a rooster with wry neck that started with a head injury. 2 things you can do. Castor oil massages on the neck, and DMSO applications. Both relieve inflamation and act as an analgesic. My guy was perfectly normal within 2 weeks doing that. A half of a baby aspirin won't hurt either.
I hadn’t even considered it being from an injury, I just assumed deficiency.

I’ll add castor oil massages to my routine - I have loads of it on hand. DMSO would be more difficult to get my hands on. Baby aspirin is doable too.

Thanks for the advice!

@Hinotori I got some more pictures, if they're any good.
20240415_082846.jpg
20240415_082859.jpg
20240415_082928.jpg

20240415_083020.jpg
20240415_083042.jpg

20240415_083100.jpg

The top one might actually be blue. Bottom is normal. They are both boys.
Thank you! I thought that might be the case... I can't really keep anymore boys but the blue will probably stick around longer cause I am trying to get Blue Partridges so I might have to keep him around at least temporarily.

On those blue cream eggs, I have five that are moving and partying in the eggs! So very happy!

Also five of the eight eggs from the Crevecoeur are doing the same!

I'm so relieved I'm getting this much from both orders.

On a side note.... I think they where conspiring to get me to buy more eggs. Because now I have a dozen and a half more silkie eggs coming, a dozen blue columbian braham coming, six silver laced polish I'm sill winning bid on, six more Crevecoeur I'm winning bid on! :lau Soon as payday gets here I'm ordering the blue brassyback rosecomb eggs I found as well. I'm gona be selling chicks right and left eventually.

On those blue cream eggs, I have five that are moving and partying in the eggs! So very happy!

Also five of the eight eggs from the Crevecoeur are doing the same!

I'm so relieved I'm getting this much from both orders.

On a side note.... I think they where conspiring to get me to buy more eggs. Because now I have a dozen and a half more silkie eggs coming, a dozen blue columbian braham coming, six silver laced polish I'm sill winning bid on, six more Crevecoeur I'm winning bid on! :lau Soon as payday gets here I'm ordering the blue brassyback rosecomb eggs I found as well. I'm gona be selling chicks right and left eventually.
Ahhhhhhhhhh chicken math at its finest! Good luck on the hatches!

Back
Top Bottom