Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 790 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.5%

• Total voters
cheekun math! These just popped out of the incubator, 7 more to go, plus mom's and dads. Not the white hen (I didn't add her eggs since I have kidlets of hers)
DSC_0190 (2).JPG
DSC_0192.JPG
DSC_0204.JPG

Anddddd, I got photos of a couple of juvies today.. the last one didn't want to cooperate at all.. bugger. Go figure he's a he.. perfect calico!
How about a red laced satin? My first ever!
DSC_0218.JPG
DSC_0220.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0229.JPG
DSC_0222.JPG

I've got a guy hammering me for the gal in the 3rd photo. She's a first too.
He's loving the two chicks he got from me last month. He keeps calling the red pile a male. Pfft, wait until she lays eggs.. ha ha

Anyone know a breeder of buff, blue, gray and lavender silkies that is closer to Texas than Main. I'm looking for hatching eggs. I'm OK with assorted colors if they are the colors mentioned above. Not really looking for mixes between colors yet.... unless they are blue/red, blue/gold, blue/silver, lavender/gold, lavender/red or lavender/silver.

Of the blue creams I got in from Maine 13 of 14 eggs made it and it looks as if only 4 of them are developing. 😔
Update to this! Five of the silkie eggs are doing wonderful and five of the Crevecoeur are as well. Delayed developments due to power outage is a possibility here. :)

I did order more eggs before I knew I had development tho. Will have chicks coming out my ears soon.

Also ordered another incubator! Might be ordering another after that. It was the Maticoopx30.

my silkie ladies don't like my young boys. I am afraid I will not get fertile eggs.

What lady does like a full of himself little boy?

Once the boys mature mentally and treat the girls with respect shouldn't have issues.

Sometimes you get smart boys who romance them from the start. I have a romeo like that in one pen. He's also the one who tried to feed chicks as a teenager, though, so maybe he was just an old reincarnated rooster

my silkie ladies don't like my young boys. I am afraid I will not get fertile eggs.
I've got Elvis (an f2 satin) in with my older hens who are just layers. Not a single fertile egg from that pen. I guess they miss Buddy and Chuckles, two of his brothers. Or maybe he's too dumb to breed. He's over a year, and just hangs out in the pen with them. I put him in there because he wasn't doing well with the bachelors. Everybody picked on him so he 's certainly not an alpha roo.
IMGP0006.JPG

Back
Top Bottom