Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 793 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Most of my roosters know there names. Ashes knows his very well and was used for photography quite a bit. He actually panics and looks for a place to hide if I say his name because he associates it with having to pose for long periods of time. He's such a sweetheart, though, and will still pose for me. I always pay him with treats. If I don't say his name, he's perfectly fine with me picking him up and will sit happily on my lap for comb rubs.
20200316_194720.jpg

Please ignore his dirty feet. He's a heavy digger and wears his feathers off as well.

Does anyone else have roosters that are basically spurless? Ashes here is 3 years old. Half my silkie roosters don't have any real spurs.

View attachment 2334268

I just went out and checked the spurs on 4 of my boys that are older than a year. Mine all have spurs coming in much larger than your boy there but I do remember reading somewhere that it is somewhat common for silkies to not grow spurs.

Here are my lovely silkies!!!! I have 8 at the moment, 5 (known) hens, 1 roo, and 2 unknown genders. I have 3 white girls, 1 black hen, 1 buff hen, 1 silver partridge, 1 lavender/porcelain, 1 splash roo, and tomorrow I will be getting 1 splash hen and a buff hen!
Names:
Sugar (White)
Snow (White)
Muffin (White)
Percy (Splash)
Dottie (Splash)
Gingersnap (Buff)
Buttercup (Buff)
Sophie (Black)
And would love name suggestions for the silver partridge and lavender/porcelain.
DSC_0488.JPG
DSC_0480.JPG
DSC_0483.JPG
DSC_0481.JPG
DSC_0484.JPG

Here are my lovely silkies!!!! I have 8 at the moment, 5 (known) hens, 1 roo, and 2 unknown genders. I have 3 white girls, 1 black hen, 1 buff hen, 1 silver partridge, 1 lavender/porcelain, 1 splash roo, and tomorrow I will be getting 1 splash hen and a buff hen!
Names:
Sugar (White)
Snow (White)
Muffin (White)
Percy (Splash)
Dottie (Splash)
Gingersnap (Buff)
Buttercup (Buff)
Sophie (Black)
And would love name suggestions for the silver partridge and lavender/porcelain.
View attachment 2339153View attachment 2339154View attachment 2339155View attachment 2339156View attachment 2339157
They are beautiful! As for names, Silvy and Lavvy. (I do not recommend that you take me seriously ;) )

Names:
Sugar (White)
Snow (White)
Muffin (White)
Percy (Splash)
Dottie (Splash)
Gingersnap (Buff)
Buttercup (Buff)
Sophie (Black)
View attachment 2339153View attachment 2339154View attachment 2339155View attachment 2339156View attachment 2339157

Aww what a beautiful little flock, I love all the colors! :love

I'm not even going to try to suggest names..... I'm so bad at coming up with them for my own little ones. They usually go months without them. :lol:

Aww what a beautiful little flock, I love all the colors! :love

I'm not even going to try to suggest names..... I'm so bad at coming up with them for my own little ones. They usually go months without them. :lol:
Haha! Sophie did forever and I was just like forget it she can just be a Sophie! lol
Thank you on the colors! It's my goal to have a silkie in every color I can!

Haha! Sophie did forever and I was just like forget it she can just be a Sophie! lol
Thank you on the colors! It's my goal to have a silkie in every color I can!

Good luck with getting all the colors! Before I decided to focus on breeding paint silkies I always loved having lots of colors in my mixed flock, it's so fun to have a variety! :)

Back
Top Bottom