Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 788 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 95 11.6%

• Total voters
@jmns Thanks for the advice! It worked! She is back with her friends, not sitting, and hasn't even gone into the coop! She had some healthy snacks with her friends, as well as RASPBERRIES for the first time ever! So I think her stomach has distracted her at this point!

Now I have my little setup ready to go for the next time!! I have another daily layer still.. a D'Uccle, who are also broody birds, so let's see if that daily laying is an indicator for her as well! But she is such a piggy, I cannot imagine her sitting on anything long enough, she flies out of the coop every time I bring treats! I mean.. wings flying up into the air flying 😂 🦅

Guess what!! Nala is back to laying!! So it was 12 days from broody breaking day.. not too bad. They all left me an egg today, 4 in all, yippee!!

I got swheat scoop litter today, its made from wheat. Going to try that as the coop litter.. supposedly its not dusty and wheat is wheat, if they eat it, its edible! Nothing else in it. Its in granules, so hopefully its easy to scoop through daily.

Guess what!! Nala is back to laying!! So it was 12 days from broody breaking day.. not too bad. They all left me an egg today, 4 in all, yippee!!

I got swheat scoop litter today, its made from wheat. Going to try that as the coop litter.. supposedly its not dusty and wheat is wheat, if they eat it, its edible! Nothing else in it. Its in granules, so hopefully its easy to scoop through daily.
Congratulations! Time for mine to break now...

I keep missing alerts for this thread :he

Anyways, does anybody know of an public BYC album for silkies? I'm guessing there is one out there but I can't seem to find it...
I did a good search for one.. but no luck. I did see your new pics!! I need to do the same, get all my chicken pics uploaded! Your Bloo looks cute... I was looking at my blue silkie, and I don't know if maybe she is molting, or the girls are picking at her feathers.. they are getting ready for bed now but I will take a pic tomorrow. Its like her feathers are there, but the fluffy top of the feathers is gone, so it looks like flat fur on her saddle area..

I did a good search for one.. but no luck. I did see your new pics!! I need to do the same, get all my chicken pics uploaded! Your Bloo looks cute... I was looking at my blue silkie, and I don't know if maybe she is molting, or the girls are picking at her feathers.. they are getting ready for bed now but I will take a pic tomorrow. Its like her feathers are there, but the fluffy top of the feathers is gone, so it looks like flat fur on her saddle area..
Thank you! Skye is sort of ragged too right now, because she has raised to batches of chicks this year and is trying for a third (I'm not letting her right now). Can't wait for your picture!

Would you like to make a silkie album for everybody to add too?

Back
Top Bottom