Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 780 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.6%

• Total voters
Really? :yesss:

Because two of them look like they might have more square-ish poofs on their head, and one is slightly heavier than the others (only by 2 grams though)
One of my silkies was a little on the large size, no poofy crest, walked upright, would charge at me and anyone that got near her bestie, everything screamed male, but laid eggs at 24 weeks!! I couldn't hold out tho and got DNA testing done around week 6.

Well i found someone who has, can you believe it, one polish and one frizzle bantam.. and 8 regular sized chickens. She can keep them either way and needs friends for her little ones, so im going to give them to her. Can't have one lonely chick anyhow. Feeling ok and positive about it though, whats the luck that someone has the same couple I do??
I'm so sorry you will have to give them away but the new family you found sounds awesome :hugs

Yes, here are a couple pictures from today! :D

View attachment 2624783
View attachment 2624784

All the hatches went great, thanks so much for asking! Of the eggs that developed I only had one quit at a week into incubation. The others all hatched! :celebrate

From my red pyle project pair I got 2 red pyles (they just look white now but should get their red starting to come in in a couple months), and 4 probably silver partridge that will likely leak red.

My silver gene white hen with the silver partridge male gave me what I think are 3 recessive white, a probably silver partridge, and a blue. :)

From what hatched I found out my little white hen is carrying a single recessive partridge gene since she had both a blue and a partridge chick when paired with a silver partridge male. That combined with the hatch where she had two blacks and a blue with a black male makes me think she is silver based recessive white with blue under the white and a single recessive partridge gene. I'll have to take her out of my paint program since she has all those things hiding but I'm glad I found out. Test hatches are fun! :lol:
Hi LynnaePB, how are all your babies doing?

Yes, @LynnaePB, how are your babies doing? 😊 Wondering how your little silver partridges are feathering in? Here’s a photo of Amai just now, she’s definitely feathering in nicely and still has a bit of a brownish cast to her silverness, black crest and tail.😊
6D142465-4D85-43C6-86EC-78D76FF15BF0.jpeg

Yes, @LynnaePB, how are your babies doing? 😊 Wondering how your little silver partridges are feathering in? Here’s a photo of Amai just now, she’s definitely feathering in nicely and still has a bit of a brownish cast to her silverness, black crest and tail.😊View attachment 2671443
Wow Amai has grown and changed a lot in the meantime! And still that super cute expression in her sweet little face 🥰❤️
So is her color silver partridge?
She is such a beautiful little girl 😍

Is your new coop finished? Do you have pictures 😃

Wow Amai has grown and changed a lot in the meantime! And still that super cute expression in her sweet little face 🥰❤️
So is her color silver partridge?
She is such a beautiful little girl 😍

Is your new coop finished? Do you have pictures 😃
Thanks!🥰 Pretty sure she is a variation of silver partridge. Maybe she is a regular partridge with some kind of diluter gene to make the normal red/gold, more beige? She is still very friendly, too.
The coop is done, a few minor things need to be done, but still working on the run. I will definietely post photos when it is completed. 😊
Have you finished yours yet?

Thanks!🥰 Pretty sure she is a variation of silver partridge. Maybe she is a regular partridge with some kind of diluter gene to make the normal red/gold, more beige? She is still very friendly, too.
The coop is done, a few minor things need to be done, but still working on the run. I will definietely post photos when it is completed. 😊
She is such a cutie :love
Awesome your coop is nearly finished 👍
I'm looking forward to the pictures!
No mine isn't finished yet 😬😅

Yes, @LynnaePB, how are your babies doing? 😊 Wondering how your little silver partridges are feathering in? Here’s a photo of Amai just now, she’s definitely feathering in nicely and still has a bit of a brownish cast to her silverness, black crest and tail.😊View attachment 2671443

They are doing great thanks for asking! They are getting big, the oldest are going to be 6 weeks this Friday and the youngest are a week behind that. :D

I'll have to see about getting some pictures tomorrow during the day. Three of the little silver partridge babies look somewhat similar to Amai right now. I think most have a bit of a brown tint thanks to the autosomal red, maybe Amai has a little of that too. 😊

My chickies are silver partridge! Well, pickles is turning red with leakage!
It's such a beautiful colour

Back
Top Bottom