Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 781 95.9%
  • ^

Votes: 94 11.5%

• Total voters
I only have 5 silkies though (1 male, 4 female), with the new pullet will be 6 which I think will be a good amount for breeding.
I had others, which I sold, as I am trying to keep birds that will be good in my random color breeding program. Focusing on super fluff nuggets, as true as possible to the SOP.😊
I love random color breeding! That is what I do (not with my silkies yet, as they are not even mating or breeding).

I only have 5 silkies though (1 male, 4 female), with the new pullet will be 6 which I think will be a good amount for breeding.
I had others, which I sold, as I am trying to keep birds that will be good in my random color breeding program. Focusing on super fluff nuggets, as true as possible to the SOP.😊
Do you have any hatching eggs available? ☺️

I love random color breeding! That is what I do (not with my silkies yet, as they are not even mating or breeding).
I love the random colors, too! I should get some paints for sure. That's why the new pullet. She is black.
Can't wait to see what chicks I get with Eko (my cockerel) over partridge. Hoping some calico maybe? We will see. 😊

You could also offer oyster shell on the side if you are not feeding a layer feed (has calcium already added).
I feed an "all flock" as I have a cockerel, too. Layer feed is bad for the boys as the extra calcium can cause kidney problems in males.
I have a raised dog feeder and use one of the bowls for grit and one for oyster shell and the birds will eat what they need. 🙂
Yeah we feed layer feed but I think we are going to switch too all flock soon too. We have a concrete block next to their feed with half oyster shells and half grit on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom